Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

a seriously furiously irritating situation, yet small but big

by jordyv89

Original Post

Highlighted

a seriously furiously irritating situation, yet small but big

★★★★★ Apprentice

during the vip demo i got frustrated MORE THEN once during a single mob fight.

it's a really simple thing. it happened so many times it's stupid.

aiming your skill, doesn't matter wich one, push the button and at the LAST SECOND a teammate blocking your line of fire AND BOOM SKILL WASTED! completly!!!!!!!!!

and to kick you hard when you are down (figurativly speaking). YOU wasted the skill, you do not get it back.

sure, people will say just don't shoot your friends.... but it's hard to keep track of their movements without radar or map or whatever. it's impossible

it's easily fixed tho, there is no friendlyfire just completely block the shot when this happens, DO NOT let us take the shot and waste it.

or,... register the friendly fire and cancel the cooldown.

something man. this is a small but really messed up irritating problem

Message 1 of 5 (77 Views)
Highlighted

Re: a seriously furiously irritating situation, yet small but big

★★★★ Pro

@jordyv89 wrote:

during the vip demo i got frustrated MORE THEN once during a single mob fight.

it's a really simple thing. it happened so many times it's stupid.

aiming your skill, doesn't matter wich one, push the button and at the LAST SECOND a teammate blocking your line of fire AND BOOM SKILL WASTED! completly!!!!!!!!!

and to kick you hard when you are down (figurativly speaking). YOU wasted the skill, you do not get it back.

sure, people will say just don't shoot your friends.... but it's hard to keep track of their movements without radar or map or whatever. it's impossible

it's easily fixed tho, there is no friendlyfire just completely block the shot when this happens, DO NOT let us take the shot and waste it.

or,... register the friendly fire and cancel the cooldown.

something man. this is a small but really messed up irritating problem

So many games have the same issue, when I played Destiny 1+2 had my friends constantly running in front of me to kill stuff and yes a few times I was about to demolish stuff with my Colossus Ultimate and the screen would be filled with an explosion as peeps run in front. I personally don't mind as it just takes awareness on everyones part, if your group is near you try to take up a better or flanking position as being tightly grouped isn't a good idea anyway. I think excitement played a big part also as everyone was having so much fun killing stuff with their guns/abilities. As I said though it doesn't bother me but perhaps an anti-friendly fire mechanic can be implemented.

Message 2 of 5 (70 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

This is often a you problem, due to lack of awareness.  It is annoying, but just means you need to be more aware of your own surroundings. 

Message 3 of 5 (57 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

@jordyv89 

Dude, I've lost track of the number of times I've killed myself by shooting a team mate in the back with a rocket.

But it all comes down to awareness of your surroundings.  And that's something that you will definitely need when the harder baddies start charging.  I'm sorry, but the only solution is to play the game, continue to enjoy yourself, and kill lots of alien enemies.  Wink

Message 4 of 5 (31 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

It happens, and you just have to dust off and move on. However, that doesn't mean it wouldn't be nice to have a top-down threat display in your HUD, instead of (or in addition to) the pips on the compass.

Not the end of the world, but I'm not a fan of their "threat radar" decision. 

Message 5 of 5 (20 Views)
Twitter Stream