Zombies Town Center & Weirding Woods - Battle Zones & Champions Guide!

by TheSprinter85

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Zombies Town Center & Weirding Woods - Battle Zones & Champions Guide!

[ Edited ]
Champion

Howdy players,

This thread I have created will cover the Battle Zones in the zombie free-roam regions, Zombies Town Center and Weirding Woods, including what they are, how to begin them, the phases of the Battle Zones and how to find more information on them. I will also give my personal tips for completing these Battle Zones successfully. I will explain why they are important and the particular areas in which you should try to trigger Battle Zones, as you can net rewards and other medals by performing Battle Zones in particular locations. I will also cover Champions and where you can find them, as well as a few quick tips for some easier Champion defeats. The reason that they are important is because you get some exclusive rewards the first few times you defeat them (medals) and bonus XP.

What are Battle Zones?

Battle Zones can randomly occur in free-roam regions, when you are not performing a quest or story mission. They can appear in virtually any place. A Battle Zone is where swarms of enemies appear and, well, try and vanquish you. There are lots of different types of enemies that can appear, it varies in each Battle Zone. Allies also appear to help you fight as well, so you may get healed at some point, even if you are not playing with someone else. There are multiple different phases. In the first phase, a leader appears, which gives you a lot of XP if you get a shared or direct vanquish on them. In the final phase, a general appears, which gives you even more XP if you get a shared or direct vanquish on them. For this reason, Battle Zones are most certainly an effective way to gain XP. They are additionally easy to trigger and you can replay them an infinite amount of times.

How to Trigger Battle Zones

You are able to trigger Battle Zones at any time, apart from during a quest or story mission, in which case you are not able to. They are quite easy to trigger, but can take time to do so. Simply battle enemies in a particular location, for example, Pressure Pier or Camp-Near-A-Lake. Once you have defeated lots of enemies in an area (this could vary - so it is somewhat down to luck), a message will appear on your screen stating "PROVOKED ENEMY FORCES!", when this message appears, some different enemies that do not normally appear in that area will come to battle you. If you vanquish them, a Battle Zone will appear, starting with the first phase, "A SKIRMISH HAS ERUPTED!". There will also be a yellow swords icon where the Battle Zone is breaking out to indicate that one is happening and where it is. To try and get Battle Zones to begin faster, you could use characters that have decent mobility and damage to quickly get to and defeat enemies. If all of the enemies in the area have been vanquished, you can run around the area and the enemies should respawn, so if this happens you may have to be patient and wait for more enemies to appear, or reload the region.

Where do I recommend you triggering Battle Zones?

Now, while the Battle Zone medals and all of that does not matter where you trigger them and perform them, I have particular and specific suggestions for each region, for which areas you should specifically trigger them, here's why?

My reasoning is because of enemies called Elusive Foes. These are uncommon to rare (or legendary rarity) enemies. Some of these only appear during a Battle Zone or Skirmish in a particular location, and only quite rarely at that, and they give you exclusive medals if you defeat these foes the first time. If you have not heard of Elusive Foes before or have not been able to defeat them yet, I suggest following my suggestions below. This is so, as well as completing Battle Zones, you also have a chance of defeating these Elusive Foes, effectively and most likely saving you time. For instance, if you do a Battle Zone in one area without an Elusive Foe possibly appearing, then you could possibly have missed out on finding an Elusive Foe in a different location. I suggest doing this to mostly save time for this reason. If you have already defeated the Elusive Foes, you may disregard this whole part.

My suggestions are as follows:

ZOMBIES TOWN CENTER

I suggest performing Battle Zones in 2 different locations in Zombies Town Center.

The first place I suggest is in Pressure Pier. An Elusive Foe named Big Hurtle only ever appears in this location in Zombies Town Center (or rarely in other areas?), and only during Battle Zones as well. He also does not have a very high chance of appearing under these conditions. He can appear during any phase, so do not panic if he does not appear straight away. Also note that he will not leave once the Battle Zone is over, unless you reload your region or he is vanquished, but I would suggest trying to vanquish him quickly in case he gets vanquished by your allies, otherwise you run the risk of missing out on your medal.

Big Hurtle.png

The other place I suggest is in Up-Down Uptown. An Elusive Foe named Mrs. Veilbiter only ever appears in this location, and only during Battle Zones here, and has a really low chance of appearing at that. She can appear during any phase, so do not panic if she does not appear straight away. She will also not leave when the Battle Zone has ended, unless you reload your region or she is vanquished by your allies or another cause, so for this reason it is much better to vanquish her quickly so she does not get vanquished by your allies, failing to deal enough damage to her will make you miss out on your medal.

Mrs. Veilbiter.png

More information on these Elusive Foes here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Zombies-Town-Center-Elusive-Foes-Guide/m-p/9326747/high...

WEIRDING WOODS

I suggest performing Battle Zones in Z-Tech Factory. An Elusive Foe named Amber Gemma only ever appears here, and only during Battle Zones, and even then she does not have a greatly high chance of appearing. She can appear during any phase, so do not panic if she does not appear straight away. She will remain once the Battle Zone is over, unless you reload the region or she is vanquished by your allies or another cause. Make sure to deal damage to her quickly and frequently, because you may miss out on your medal otherwise.

More information on Amber Gemma here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Weirding-Woods-Elusive-Foes-Guide/m-p/9329756/highlight...

Amber Gemma.PNG

A QUICK REASON WHY I SUGGEST THIS

You are able to multitask this way and save the amount of Battle Zones you need to perform later on, these Elusive Foes can take a while to find. You do not gain any other benefits by doing Battle Zones in other locations, so you may as well do them in those locations.

The Medals you Get!

Each region has a total of 5 medals you can achieve for completing all of these activities. This includes completing Battle Zones and vanquishing Champions, this does not include Elusive Foes medals. The medals are as follows:

ZOMBIES TOWN CENTER

• Century Plenty Fun - to get this medal, you need to vanquish 100 enemies while a Battle Zone is active.
  • Wring Leader - Vanquish a Battle Leader, which is the enemy you must defeat during the final phase to complete the Battle Zone successfully. Defeating the Battle Leader (also known as the General) gives you 1,000 XP.
  • Battle Acts - Vanquish a Battle Skirmisher, which is the enemy that you must vanquish at the first phase to trigger the next one. Defeating the Battle Skirmisher (also known as the Lieutenant) gives you 500 XP.
  • Champion - You need to vanquish 1 Champion in Zombies Town Center to get this medal.
  • Breakfast of Champions - You need to vanquish 10 Champions in Zombies Town Center to get this medal. 

WEIRDING WOODS

• Hundreadwood - to get this medal, you need to vanquish 100 enemies while a Battle Zone is active.
  • Leaderacinated - Vanquish a Battle Leader, which is the enemy you must defeat during the final phase to complete the Battle Zone successfully. Defeating the Battle Leader (also known as the General) gives you 1,000 XP.
  • Shake, Battle and Roll - Vanquish a Battle Skirmisher, which is the enemy you must vanquish at the first phase to trigger the next one. Defeating the Battle Skirmisher (also known as the Lieutenant) gives you 500 XP.
  • Not So Tough Now, Huh! - You need to vanquish 1 Champion in Weirding Woods to get this medal.
  • You Aren't the Champions! - You need to vanquish 10 Champions in Weirding Woods to get this medal.

You cannot complete your regions if you do not get the medals, so you will need to do this at some point to complete your regions.

The Phases of a Battle Zone

There are several different phases of a Battle Zone. The phases are the Skirmish, Battle and Battle Leader. When you have completed the Battle Leader phase, the Battle Zone ends and you complete it. Each phase has a time limit of about 4 minutes. If you do not complete the objective in the time limit, the Battle Zone ends and you do not complete it.

SKIRMISH

This is the first phase of the Battle Zone. You have 4 minutes to complete this phase, or the Battle Zone ends and you fail. You need to vanquish the Skirmisher - they have a yellow crossed swords icon, so it is fairly easy to distinguish them. They are generally a Champion enemy or a boss. Once you defeat them, you can move onto the next phase. Other enemies will appear, but you do not need to vanquish them to advance. You might find that you would like to though. You get 500 XP for vanquishing the Skirmisher, or Lieutenant.

Zombies Town Center: ZTC Battle Zone Skirmish.PNG

Weirding Woods: Weirding Woods Battle Zone Skirmish.PNG

BATTLE

This is the next phase. You need to defeat a certain amount of enemies that appear in 4 minutes, or the Battle Zone ends and you fail. It does not matter what enemies you defeat, and when you defeat enemies more will appear, so I suggest vanquishing lower-health enemies first to speed this up, as well as reducing your chances of failure. Once you have defeated the specified amount, the next phase begins.

Zombies Town Center: ZTC Battle Zone Battle Phase.PNG

Weirding Woods: Weirding Woods Battle Zone Battle Phase.PNG

BATTLE LEADER

This is the final phase of the Battle Zone. A battle leader will appear, who could be a boss or customised enemy. They have greatly increased health and, relatively often, a gimmick in store for you. You have 4 minutes to defeat the Battle Leader, or the Battle Zone ends and you fail. If you defeat the Battle Leader, you complete the Battle Zone successfully. Other enemies will appear during this phase, generally enemies themed towards the Battle Leader, but you do not need to vanquish them, only the Battle Leader, however you may want to if you have time. You get 1,000 XP for vanquishing the Battle Leader, or General.

Zombies Town Center: ZTC Battle Zone Battle Leader.PNG

Weirding Woods: Weirding Woods Battle Zone Battle Leader.PNG

Tips for Completing Battle Zones

Here are a few of my quick and personal tips for completing Battle Zones with a lower difficulty involved:

• Attacks and abilities that deal lots of damage are really useful for defeating enemies faster and advancing the Battle Zone faster. This is good if you want several of them and/or are trying to find Elusive Foes.
  • Stats that increase your survivability, such as high health, shield access or healing capabilities are useful for keeping yourself durable throughout the Battle Zone and you can keep fighting.
  • If you would like to end the Battle Zone quickly, focus on the Skirmisher, Battle Leader, or the enemies with lower health in the Battle Phase. If they are being healed, vanquish their healers first.
  • If your find that your health is beginning to get low, you can leave the Battle Zone and use cover for regenerating and getting your abilities back. Then, reenter the fight.
  • Consider your character and upgrades you use when attempting to start or perform a Battle Zone. Think damage and survivability.

More Information on Battle Zones

To gain some more information on how Battle Zones work, the enemies that can appear during it, and tips on winning them, visit this page: https://plantsvszombies.fandom.com/wiki/Battle_Zone

To gain some more information on Battle Zones and what they are, watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VkHPtactsA.

What are Champions and where can you find them?

Champions are variants of enemies that have increased health and that have a special costume equipped, equivalent to one you could find in the Reward-O-Tron. They have the name Champion above their head to indicate they are one. You can sometimes find a Champion variant, instead of its regular counterpart, around Zombies Town Center or Weirding Woods. They also appear commonly in Battle Zones, so triggering them to appear is also an effective way to try to get Champions to appear. Sometimes, they are just part of the enemies that spawn throughout the Battle Zone, but other times they can appear as the Skirmisher or Leader. For this reason, simply triggering Battle Zones can be an effective way to fight them. Note that to get the Champion vanquishing medals, shared or direct vanquishes are both fine.

Zombies Town Center:ZTC Champion.PNG

Weirding Woods: Weirding Woods Champion.PNG

Tips for Defeating Champions!

To make it a bit easier finding and defeating champions, my personal tips are as follows:

• Whenever you find a Champion around the place, make it your priority to defeat it first. However, they do not leave if they appear in a Battle Zone after it is over, so if you find them in a Battle Zone, you could leave them until last, and vanquish them after the Battle Zone is over. Just make sure they do not get vanquished by one of your allies.
  • Attacks and abilities that deal high damage are effective against them to counteract their high health.
  • Note that the only gimmick of most Champions are their increased health. Try to defeat them the same way you would defeat the regular variant of that Zombie.
  • If a Champion is being healed, quickly vanquish their healers because the Champions can go up to full health in no time, and gain overhealth. Then vanquish the Champion. You may also find it easier to vanquish any nearby enemies with less health before you fight the Champion.
  • Consider what character and upgrades you use before you fight a Champion, if it helps you vanquish them more easily.

By vanquishing 10 or more Champions in each region, you get 2 exclusive medals, so be sure to keep a lookout for them and vanquish them if you find one.

Conclusion

When you have completed Battle Zones, even completing a couple of them will suffice, along with defeating a bunch of Champions, you can get up to a whopping 5 medals in each region separately! Yes, 5! That is 10% of the medal progress available in each region, the great thing is that all of these medals do not tend to take major amounts of time to collect, so it is best to just jump into it and quickly obtain them. Champions also give you additional XP when you defeat them, along the Skirmisher, Battle Leader, and other enemies that appear in the Battle Zone. You can gain significant amounts of XP from this so you can relatively easily gain XP for a character you want to level up offline. For this reason, it is best to take into consideration, which character you want to use when doing these activities. Also, I think it may be worth noting to look out for Champions - not people like me on Answers HQ, but rather the ones you can find oddly around your region or inside a Battle Zone.

Another thing again that might be worth noting. If you are able to play with friends or other players, it may be worth trying to do so. Not only can you all find Champions and trigger Battle Zones together by teaming up and splitting up, depending on the circumstances. You can all collect each of the medals if you have not already. You are all able to get shared (or direct) vanquishes on the Champions, Skirmishers and Battle Leaders, so you are all able to get the medal. Just note that you may need to do multiple Battle Zones if you do this because you would all need to vanquish a total of 100 enemies or more during a Battle Zone. You can even all get medals for the Elusive Foes if you find them and each of you contribute enough damage. That said, you can all split up and trigger Battle Zones all around the map, so doing these activities with other players can really benefit and all that.

I hope this guide helped you!

Bye!

Regards

@TheSprinter85 

Message 1 of 3 (1,537 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Zombies Town Center & Weirding Woods - Battle Zones & Champions Guid

★★★★ Expert
@TheSprinter85 I wish such a detailed and awesome guide that even includes pictures had been available when I started playing the game!

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,478 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Expert
@TheSprinter85 I wish such a detailed and awesome guide that even includes pictures had been available when I started playing the game!
Message 2 of 3 (1,479 Views)

Champion

Unfortunately, I did not get the idea to make guides until after I became a Champion. The only exception were the Character Challenge guides weekly and the occasional Weekly Challenge Tips.

Message 3 of 3 (1,438 Views)