Zombies Town Center - Elusive Foes Guide!

by TheSprinter85

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Zombies Town Center - Elusive Foes Guide!

Champion

Greetings everyone,

In this thread, I will be covering information on finding the Elusive Foes within Zombie Town Center. I will include information such as what the Elusive Foes actually are, what they look like, and how to defeat them, along with pictures of their appearance and other information about them.

What are Elusive Foes?

Elusive Foes are relatively rare enemies located around every free-roam region. Each free-roam region has a total of exactly 3 Elusive Foes to find. They are normally found in particular locations and when specific criteria are met. They will reward you if you defeat them. To complete your Zombie Town Center region fully, you must defeat every Elusive Foe in that region once or more, as they will reward you with an exclusive medal if you vanquish them - shared and direct vanquishes are both fine. You do not need to worry about other Zombies taking your vanquishes away from you, you just need to deal enough damage for a shared vanquish. Elusive Foes have a special name that is displayed above their head and they all have a red aura around them. Some of them have special gimmicks. All Elusive Foes are elite enemies, which means they have more health than a Champion or a regular hero.

Names of Elusive Foes

The names of the Elusive Foes in Zombies Town Center are Kitty Sparkles, Big Hurtle and Mrs. Veilbiter. I will provide information below on where they are found and how to find them, such as their location and their approximate rarity to find, which may not be entirely accurate. That said, I have fought the Elusives a few times so I can provide pretty accurate results. I will add any other information, such as a picture of me battling the Elusive Foes and my personal tips to give you an easier time defeating them and making sure those medals land in your hands!  

THE ELUSIVE FOES

Kitty Sparkles

Kitty Sparkles is an Elusive Foe found in Sundrop Hills. She will appear in the plant base, which is where you first appear in Plants Town Center. However, she will spawn 100% of the time in that location, and that location only. Because she is guaranteed to appear, get ready for a fight when you get to the plant base. She is a Sunflower who is wearing the "Flush Flower" costume and the "Pretty Kitty" set.

• Rarity: Common.
  • Special Gimmicks: She makes all nearby ally plants, excluding herself, invincible.
  • Medal Received for Defeating Her: ELUSIVE FOE: Kitty Sparkles.

My tips for having an easier time defeating her are as follows:

• Before you directly start battling Kitty Sparkles, try to clear some of the enemies in the area first that are not being made invincible. Otherwise, they may provide a huge annoyance for you. 
  • If you want to vanquish an enemy which is being made invincible by Kitty Sparkles, try to lure them away from her first by moving a distance away and returning.
  • Kitty Sparkles will not be going anywhere, she prefers to hang around the plant base. For this reason, if you find your health is getting low, you can make a retreat and come back when your health is full and your abilities have recharged. 
  • Because she can make nearby allies invincible, try not to use abilities effective in groups. Rather, try to use abilities that are really effective against single targets, or simply target her over other nearby plants which she is possibly making invincible.
  • She is guaranteed to appear in the plant base, so take into consideration which character you want to use, and their equipped upgrades as well, before fighting her.

Kitty Sparkles.png

To find out more about Kitty Sparkles, including her exact location in Sundrop Hills, go to this page: https://plantsvszombies.fandom.com/wiki/Kitty_Sparkles

To find out more about the Kitty Sparkles medal you obtain by defeating her, go to this page: https://plantsvszombies.fandom.com/wiki/ELUSIVE_FOE:_Kitty_Sparkles

Big Hurtle

Big Hurtle is an Elusive Foe found in Pressure Pier. To get him to appear, trigger Battle Zones to occur throughout Pressure Pier. He will have a chance of appearing throughout the Battle Zone or Skirmish. If you have completed a Battle Zone and he does not appear, rinse and repeat until he appears. Use characters with mobility and high damage to get around to enemies faster and defeat them faster. The faster you can get Battle Zones to start and finish, the quicker you should find him. He is a Citron who is wearing the "Werble the Turtle" hat, and the hat is green coloured.

• Rarity: Rare.
  • Medal Received for Defeating Him: ELUSIVE FOE: Big Hurtle.

My tips for having an easier time defeating him are as follows:

• Big Hurtle will not leave the area, so you may find it easier to complete the Battle Zone you are currently doing first, and then vanquish him. On the other hand, it may be worth defeating him first. It's up to you to what you decide, not me. Do watch his health though - if he starts getting low health, finish him off and inflict as much damage to him as possible to get your medal.
  • He has a lot of health, use attacks and abilities that do a lot of damage to vanquish him faster, as well as guaranteeing a shared or direct vanquish and getting your hard-earned medal.
  • Use area-of-effect and splash damage attacks and abilities if you wish to damage him along with groups of enemies at the same time.
  • If Big Hurtle is being healed by a Sunflower or with healing weeds, try to vanquish them quickly and make them your main target as Big Hurtle can even be overhealed, which combined with his huge health can make it even more frustrating to defeat him. However, that said, you could leave him and the healers alone until later when you have defeated the other enemies, then vanquish the healers, then go for him.
  • When Big Hurtle appears, you may find it in your best interest to switch to a character that you are experienced with or that you want XP for, you should find it a bit easier to defeat Big Hurtle this way.

Big Hurtle.png

To find out more about Big Hurtle, go to this page: https://plantsvszombies.fandom.com/wiki/Big_Hurtle

To find out more about the Big Hurtle medal you obtain by defeating him, go to this page: https://plantsvszombies.fandom.com/wiki/ELUSIVE_FOE:_Big_Hurtle

Mrs. Veilbiter

Mrs. Veilbiter is an Elusive Foe found in Up-Down Uptown. To get her to appear, trigger Battle Zones to occur throughout Up-Down Uptown and she will have a low chance of appearing at some point throughout it. If she does not appear after a Battle Zone has finished, you will need to have to trigger more Battle Zones until she does. As always, to try and get Battle Zones and Skirmishes to occur faster, use characters with mobility to get around and fight enemies more quickly, and high damage is also useful for completing Battle Zones faster, as well as starting them faster. She is a Chomper who is wearing the "Bitey Bride" set.

• Rarity: Legendary.
  • Medal Received for Defeating Her: ELUSIVE FOE: Mrs. Veilbiter.

My tips for having an easier time defeating her are as follows:

• Because Mrs. Veilbiter will not leave the area intentionally in which you have found her, you could leave her until last. But keep an eye on her health because you don't want to miss out on your shared or direct vanquish, do you now? If her health is getting low, finish her off with as much damage as you can possibly deal.
  • As per normal, attacks that deal splash damage or area-of-effect, or abilities that do the same thing, are useful for getting damage onto Mrs. Veilbiter, while also clearing some of the annoying enemies as well. 
  • Because Mrs. Veilbiter has a lot of health, when you are directly targeting her, use your damaging attacks and abilities directly on her. If you do, she should fall quite quickly for you.
  • If there are Sunflowers or Heal Weeds present, you may want to vanquish them first as they could heal Mrs. Veilbiter, and make it hard to vanquish her. That said, you could leave them to heal Mrs. Veilbiter so you don't have to worry about her being unintentionally being vanquished at the wrong time from your ally zombies and can save her until last. Then, vanquish the healers, and lastly Mrs. Veilbiter herself. Good luck.
  • When she appears, you could switch your current character so that you have an easier time defeating her, depending on the situation. She will not despawn, but do not take too long to decide on a character or there is a possibility that Mrs. Veilbiter could be unintentionally vanquished or could wander off and you could lose sight of her.

Mrs. Veilbiter.png

To find out more about Mrs. Veilbiter, go to this page: https://plantsvszombies.fandom.com/wiki/Mrs._Veilbiter

To find out more about the Mrs. Veilbiter medal you obtain by defeating her, go to this page: https://plantsvszombies.fandom.com/wiki/ELUSIVE_FOE:_Mrs._Veilbiter

CONCLUSION AND REWARDS

To watch someone finding and battling all 3 of these Elusive Foes, watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB4RtcULrpo

While most of these Elusive Foes are rare to find or even hard to defeat, you will gain 75 XP for any defeat you defeat an Elusive Foe that you vanquish with the character of your choice, which is good for contributing towards levelling up with particular characters. For this reason, I recommend swapping to a character that you would like to level up when you battle an Elusive Foe to get XP for that chosen character. Also, the first time you defeat an Elusive Foe, you will get a special medal, which are not obtainable in any other way. For this reason, defeating every Elusive Foe in this region once or more is crucial to fully complete your Zombie Town Center region and collect all of the medals, which means you are able to 100% the region. If you learn the Elusive Foe's (potential) gimmicks and can counteract them, you will be rewarded with a medal the first time you defeat them and XP (any amounts of time) for your efforts. Because some of the Elusive Foes can take some assiduous grinding to find and possibly vanquish, you may want to get a friend or some friends to help you find them. If you do, you and your friends can each get the medal if they do not already have it, by everyone contributing enough damage to get a shared vanquish, which should not be difficult because they have lots of health. Elusive Foes wear exclusive costumes in all of free-roam regions, and they have special auras that a really limited amount of other characters have in PvE, so you should not find them hard to spot, even in crowds of enemies. Just make sure that, when you are in the right area or under the correct circumstances for an Elusive Foe to spawn, that you keep a lookout for them and their auras.

Well, I hope this guide was of some use to some players, I will see you around again soon!

Me out!

Regards

@TheSprinter85 

Message 1 of 3 (3,158 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Zombies Town Center - Elusive Foes Guide!

★ Apprentice
Message 2 of 3 (3,013 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice
Message 2 of 3 (3,014 Views)

Champion
@Levelpopoz Glad I could be of service!
Message 3 of 3 (2,977 Views)