Zero IQ teammates

by BaldWraithSimp

Original Post

Re: Zero IQ teammates

★★★ Pro
@BaldWraithSimp The problem is that no matter if others ping different locations, jumpmaster will usually land wherever they want, that’s why instead of asking others to ping or say yes/no, I always just let teammates be jumpmaster.
Message 11 of 19 (401 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Alphabets Thats why I never ping a location as a suggesting, instead I always do the ‘I’m going there’ ping.
Message 12 of 19 (393 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Alphabets That's understandable. The problem is when these people change their direction without any prior ping so you are left in a 1v3 situation. The jumpmaster can be an * too sometimes, just like the people following him. So you can put those jumpmasters in the same category. I only gave two of my games as an example, but there are countless other ways randoms can be frustrating to deal with.
Message 13 of 19 (391 Views)

[ Edited ]

@BaldWraithSimpI make new friends Solo queuing until I find someone with a mic or i browse looking for groups.

I don’t mind playing with low skill people and I try to offer advice. I just do it in pubs and/or the firing range. Some of those friends have turned into better players than me.

High skill players don’t always mean a good time for me. I met one who was very good, we played 6-7 rounds together and won 3. He was an extremely toxic and angry person. If he would get knocked he would rage and in general was unpleasant to be in a party with.

I have the most fun with people who can laugh. I have the most fun with people who can admit they did something dumb and laugh about it.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 14 of 19 (338 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Here's a new one...

We're inside the ring.

Two choke points on the edge of ring.

Teammtes decided to run through the choke points out of the ring to have to then come back past choke points held by enemies.

It's like being on a boat and jumping off it and trying to swim back to it before you drown.

Message 15 of 19 (305 Views)

★★★ Guide

I would stick to ranked nonetheless. It isn't flawless, but there is abandon penalty, no one leaves, and the higher the rank, the more people usually care about the game outcome. I'm already gold 1, platinum III is the highest i ever achieved as a solo player.

The worst memories i have from Silver. There people can quit despite abandon penalty.Confused

I must say, that since i started to use microphone(playing FPS games since years, and this is a first in which i decided to use it), pleasure from the game increased a lot. I was afraid to use it(didn't want to lose control over myself and regret it later), but now i'm quite comfortable with it. There are bad games here and there, but people usually listen and follow. I think i win more often. Although there is probably nothing worse than playing with toxic players with microphone..Raised eyebrow

From my observations, there are not many players, which use it. If you don't rage and have control over yourself, i truly recommend it to everyone.

But regular apex games are often a complete disaster. I almost completely gave up on them. Finding good players is rare. Sometimes i think who those people really are in real life, why they act like that. In most cases they think, that this is their video game and they can do what they want... They do not care about the others.

Sometimes i ask at the legend choosing screen: "Who is gonna quit immediately after being knocked down?" Once i got the answers: "Not me/Nope". We won it.Thinking

About poor teammates - once i played with lifeline, we survived a shootout, she was injured, no medpacks. She was asking for healthpacks, repeadetly. Several times i had to say through the microphone "Use your drone" to finally get a reaction. I'm lifeline main, imagine me seeing this. This was ranked gold, though.

Message 16 of 19 (272 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DesertDust91 I rage, so no go for me xD. I rage at incompetence, ineptitude, my mistakes, game’s bugs, bugs eating other bugs, people eating on mic, mic being on of other people, people being on other people, people being on mic, people being on mike, mike, mic, maik check...

Too bored to continue. Thank you for your time. Ranked sucks! XD
Message 17 of 19 (245 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Koochi-Q Same lol. When sometimes I play with my friends and we are on discord, they keep asking me why do I swear so much lol. Every sentence is filled with them. If someone downs me(especially a ninja Wraith doing parkours), I am like 'Kill that * ASAP'(in my native language ofc). I doubt I would do that on public chat tho as my anxiety would kick in and I would barely be able to keep myself from stuttering a bit, considering English isn't my first language. If I have randoms with noisy mics, I ask them to mute first politely and then proceed to mute them manually and launch a swear text at them if they don't lol.

Message 18 of 19 (234 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@BaldWraithSimp Lolz I got mine from my buddies. Bad influence... xD. I dont really swear unless I’m couple matches in... thats why I dont play much anymore. I just ‘politely’ ask how or why they can suck so bad/hard... xD
Noisy mics is instant mute. By noisy I also mean those cheap 20-100 bucks mics that give static-y noise (due to non-party chat). Nothing they can do about that but unplug mic, twist the input and hope the sound drains away or just go to party chat
Message 19 of 19 (223 Views)