Re: Zero IQ teammates

by PhoenixForce55

Original Post

Zero IQ teammates

★★★★★ Expert

So I am in ranked(gold IV) and the jumpmaster decides to land on the supply ship. I was pretty sure we were gonna die but I manage to escape, loot in the hydro dam and then manage to get my teammate's banner(the jumpmaster lol). Then I rez him in Singh's Lab beacon and the guy gets a gun and no shield from the bin. And then immediately starts shooting at enemies on the high ground along with the second guy. They died from a two-sided attack by two teams and I died to a 3v1. 

Fast forward to the second match, I am the jumpmaster. My teammates don't ping any location so I ping containment. They don't say yes or no so I jump. There is one more team coming with us, so the two of them break off as we are about to land and run away to the watchtower. How hard it is to ping a location if you don't like JM's suggestion or to say yes or no to JM's suggestion. 

Complete idiot randoms. I am sitting on my 10-minute penalty lol. It's better to leave than to play with idiots like that. Rant over.

Message 1 of 19 (932 Views)

@BaldWraithSimp It happens.. Best solution to this issue especially when playing ranked put together a premade squad. You can make posts and find people who want to join you. You can also join people and be their third. You’ll have a better overall gaming experience if ya do this.

I know it’s not always an option, but when it is go for it.

Months ago in duos my squad mate was acting odd on KC. No ping nothing for landing. I drop to Octanes Gauntlet, he flys half way across the map, he gets engaged and I just tell him to run and hide. I’m on my way.. he gets dropped grab his banner, respawned him on a blue shield and an R-301. He does not grab it. I proceed to kill another team. I ping the death boxes for him, saying hey come take the loot. Nope! We make top 3 and things get hot. He’s running around with a moz, no armor nothing. I’m frantically and in a panic trying to keep both of us alive. Then his dad hops on the mic. His son snuck in a round real quick and it all made sense.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 19 (897 Views)

★★ Guide

@BaldWraithSimp i feel your pain. Potato teammates are the absolute worst.

Message 3 of 19 (885 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DarthValtrex I had a squad but they stopped playing now. So I am just stuck with randoms. I guess I will have to make some new friends. Tho it's been more than half a year since I made a new friend in Apex and I kind of don't want to tbh.
Message 4 of 19 (878 Views)

★ Expert
@BaldWraithSimp usually when I get potato teammates like this I just change server and hope for the best. I'm not that good in this game but damn some people make really questionable decisions.
Message 5 of 19 (844 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@BaldWraithSimp Wait! You call these zero IQ teammates? Well sir/madam... let me welcome you to my domain where everything is glorious, filled with sunshine and people attentiveness to attend others with other people’s tendency to be tentative... to get a clear picture, everything from ‘let me welcome you’ until here you should read as opposite.

If my teammates were that smart, I’d be handing them medals xD. My teammates are the teammates that do this... I jump, I mark where enemies are going... they either come to my building or their building... (begins stupid). If at my building, that means less guns for me, so that means I can’t kill proficiently... if they choose their building, it’s usually 1v2/3 so almost instant death.

Other thing that happens frequently is that we cleverly loot... team is advancing us and I usually see it so I ping it. They can either A) pay attention or B) continue looting. 90% minimum is option B... they die within a second and furiously start pinging. If option A occurs... this usually happens (also when we decide to engage a squad) *clears throat*. I try to flank the castle raiders... when they finally actually hit my teammates good. Instead of falling back to heal... the damaged goods teammate(s) full-on run towards me... effectively f**^#^ up my ambush and usually getting us both killed <.< or I down 1/2, go down but injured the last guy and here comes the wingman guy missing all shots... while he has an (semi-)auto weapon...
Message 6 of 19 (809 Views)

Champion

Today, I saw my teammate who are camping/sniping in the center of Bombardment.

Yes, she died. Unintentionally, I said "oh... how **** this Loba is..."

Forgive me, I am not so toxic normally. But today I was drunk too heavily maybe. Sick

Message 7 of 19 (801 Views)

Champion

@Daze623 

Yes, I like those ways to change the Tide.

Taking a moment/break, Changing server or Simply Put mouse/controller down.

I suppose these are the playing skills also. Standard smile

Message 8 of 19 (788 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Koochi-Q The worst IMO are the stupid pros. You know the ones who think they can take down an entire squad and push blindly/without telling teammates with only an inflated ego to boot and then they die, only for you to finish that squad and they leave just as you pick up his/her banner. Talk about having negative IQ lol.
Message 9 of 19 (779 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@BaldWraithSimp 

Yeah that's how it is this season,

I've haven't played rank yet, in regular Apex it's just as bad. Almost near game breaking if you ask me. It doesn't matter how much you ping the darn armor they don't come and pick it up and think they will take down a whole team too without any armor. Being a solo player is really bad atm, if you don't rush in when they rush in they leave.

Sometimes they don't ping that they're going in to battle or these is an enemy team close by. How did you pass the tutorial ?

So in return if I'm not jumpmaster  or they hot drop being a low level [ 20's - 90 or even 100] I'll just leave the game because I don't have time to babysit or just don't want too hot drop and die, hot drop and die for the next 30 min.

plus now with the AFKers in game not fun. too many potato's, tryhards, trolls and AFker's this season.

As for getting a premade squad together, it's going to take forever to get one. I spent all of season 1 and all season 2 trying to get a squad together and it was even more of a frustrating time. I spent more time losing and hot dropping and watching my K/d and W/L ratio drop to almost non existant  for two seasons and I'm slowly bring it up both  my K/D and W/L little by little.

Message 10 of 19 (739 Views)