Your first impressions?

by Gabrielmojo26

Original Post

Your first impressions?

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

Here are my first impression;

The map is harder to navigate off the drop because of all the mountains separating different areas.

The loot is far in between if you don’t drop in the right places.

Lots of flat areas where I wouldn’t want to get caught running without the proper loot.

Ambush points when the circle is closing, they’re obvious, got screwed a few times yesterday by a team just waiting it out lol.

Armor, not sure why I’m having such a hard time finding one off the drop, they seem rare lol

Gold items when shooting down one of those loot bots are very hard to find on certain areas of the map where the ground is very colorful.

Those high rise buildings, although fun, I stay clear of them, audio seems wonky when running on the floors, reminds me too much of Fortnite.

To my surprise, my best games were played with Crypto, definitely like this legend, just need more practice with that EMP.

The map is a nice change of pace, I enjoy it, different, need some adjusting with gun fights, but fun nonetheless.

Really need to pay more attention to the circle tho, cause there isn’t a lot of possible routes once it’s closing on you.

All and all, great job Respawn! Refreshing and fun update.

Edit: Battle Pass is ok, not feeling the skins other than Lifeline's, Hemlock rare skin is really nice, so is the Longbow skin but I hate that gun lol.

Message 2 of 22 (894 Views)

Season-3 Feedback/defect/improvement

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@EA_Blueberry  & @EA_David 

MAP is beatifull, crypto is pretty cool, charge weapon is fun to use, overall is great session.  

After play for hours, I just want to report some feedback/defects/improvement for the next patch:

1. We used to get play time points in progressive manner every week = 9K -> 18K -> 27K -....->54K.

But now, the play points doesn't progress and stuck at 54K/level Frown  This make battle pass progression become extremely slow.

We extremely grinding beyond belief.

2. Skip level should use (useless) legends points, not real money (apex coins).

3. Show map during crypto drone so we can navigate where to go.

4. When you don't select your legends during beginning of the game, your legend show like weirdo standing nervous in front of us.

5. Winning tracker is white and number is white as well, it's hard to see what number it's. We can change to ice colour, frozen blue background with red number(or vice versa)

If you guys like to report yours, post it here.

Message 1 of 22 (888 Views)

Re: Your first impressions?

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @Gabrielmojo26 and @asukojo, thanks for putting down your first impressions of the map for us, the pro's and the con's.Standard smile It'd be good to know how you're finding it a few weeks in so please keep it coming.

(@asukojo quick heads up I've merged your thread into here.)

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 3 of 22 (866 Views)

★★ Pro

First impressions:

The map is really different, but in a good way (for the most part). It has a lot of open areas with forced paths when running from the circle or other teams. Hopefully there are plans to add some other named locations soon. Also, it sucks that the buildings are only good for a few floors... It would be cool to have some rooftop gun fights.

Loot is scarce and repetitive. We're back to running through 4-5 building with nothing but ammo and an Arc Star. When I do find loot, it's an Alternator or Mozambique and hardly any good armor. I played from 2:30 to 12:30 yesterday and most matches, we'd go half the game with all white armor.

I don't think the G7 needed a buff. It's already deadly at the beginning of a game when someone doesn't have armor or they have white armor. It shoots quick enough, no need to buff the damage.

Overall, there are some amazing changes in scenery, strategy, gun fights, cosmetics, and loot. I think you've gotten stronger each season, but continue to make positive changes and listen to the community. You will be successful for sure.

Message 4 of 22 (855 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Still the same issues from Season 1 and 2 still being teamed up with people who are considerably lower skill lvl/ rank level other than that it's an interesting new map and balancing issues are a welcome change.

Edit: I also like this new change to the rank point system I think it rewards certain players above the camping players

Message 5 of 22 (828 Views)

★★ Pro

Oh, and another odd thing - on the character selection screen, sometimes it won't play the animation. The Legend just stands straight up like a doll or mannequin. It's creepy lol

Message 6 of 22 (822 Views)

Community Manager
Much obliged @jonesy021, thanks Standard smile Totally agree btws, I'd love to see rooftop gun fights in the game too and I've passed this on.
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 7 of 22 (820 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I am 50/50 on the map, visually it's amazing but the pace of the matches will take some getting used too. Crypto is a great addition to the game and I can see a lot more diverse team composition in ranked and also pubs. The balance changes were really good in my opinion, especially with Gibraltar. Charge Rifle seems a little absurd right now so I expect a quick nerf to it. Overall this season seems like it will be the best one yet.

Message 8 of 22 (767 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Game started crashing after updates. And my eyes hurt after 2 hours playing. Fps drops from 144 to 90

Message 9 of 22 (762 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have no idea whyyou would think that this new map is "refreshing" I really don't think respawn was thinking when they made Apex Legends into a sniper meta battle royale game, so many people that I know and play with daily do not enjoy using snipers, they enjoy using shotguns and AR's but now that they made the map bigger, and more open they can't do that because the only place to hide is inside buildings and they don't want to play like gaint babies hiding all game. 

we did notcie that the armor factor is ture, they didn't say anything about making armor more rare to find, yesterday i ran through 4 buildings and 3 supply bins and didn't find armor, just a bunch of ammo and guns

Message 10 of 22 (752 Views)