Re: Your favorite underrated weapons?

by DukeOfSquirtles

Original Post

Your favorite underrated weapons?

★★ Apprentice

Someone's gotta break up the monotony of complaints (some valid) and whining...so in an effort to do that what are some of your favorite weapons to use that aren't known for being the best?

Mine is the Flatline. I've personally been using this weapon over the spitfire and R-301 lately and I absolutely love it. With some good aiming it melts quickly, and the added benefit of heavy ammo speed reduction makes it even better at medium-close range. 

Another is the RE-45. If i find this weapon early game I'm keeping it for a while due to the high firerate. An extrended mag makes it worth the use. 

What are yours and why?

Message 1 of 21 (935 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@El_Cucuy_Uno wrote:

Someone's gotta break up the monotony of complaints (some valid) and whining...so in an effort to do that what are some of your favorite weapons to use that aren't known for being the best?

Mine is the Flatline. I've personally been using this weapon over the spitfire and R-301 lately and I absolutely love it. With some good aiming it melts quickly, and the added benefit of heavy ammo speed reduction makes it even better at medium-close range. 

Another is the RE-45. If i find this weapon early game I'm keeping it for a while due to the high firerate. An extrended mag makes it worth the use. 

What are yours and why?

I probably played the flatline less than the mozambique and P2020. I'm usually having a harder time controlling its recoil and haven't had much experience with how fast is the lazering whe  you connect every bullet. I'll practice with that one in the following weeks.

The RE-45 does its thing and it does it well. Its big brother the R-99 just does it better though so you should upgrade whenever possible.

Mine is the Prowler without the "selectfire reciever". I do use the attachement whenever possible though. Using an SMG that prevents your opponents from sprinting and from starting to slide for a short time is just a wonder. The high firerate ensures the shots connect fairly consistently while hip-firing which makes the heavy ammo effect a charm to play with. Slow and standing enemies are so much easier to gundown :D

Message 2 of 21 (926 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I guess the energy weapons are the obvious ones in the underrated category along with the might Mozambique.

People have said to me that the Havoc is awesome but I don't see many people using it. I've unlocked the Battle Pass skin "The Silver Storm" so I'm going to be using it more.

I've been trying to use sniper rifles combined with a short-range secondary and in the this format the Longbow is a very macho rifle. It should come with a big moustache and it's own brand of potent cologne.

Message 3 of 21 (921 Views)

★ Guide

The havoc definitely. That thing can melt through people. I use it mainly for beginning game unless I find a turbo charger in which case I'll keep it throughout the whole game. And as somebody else said the prowler is also great with select fire, even in burst mode with better attachments it's a good gun.

Message 4 of 21 (913 Views)

[ Edited ]

Triple take, Havoc, G7 and Prowler. I've been grabbing the Flatline quite a bit lately and sometimes I seem to melt with it and other times it seems to get me killed in a one on one situation.

The four I mentioned are underrated imo. They all can put out damage fast and with a hop up ( excluding the G7) become a lot better.

I still wish they would buff my Alternator. 🙁

Message 5 of 21 (903 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Triple take with the choke is my favorite and it is great early game as a main then the havoc with the turbocharger is just nasty but I still love the hemlok the most

Message 6 of 21 (895 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Agreed, the flatline is very powerful when you lead your shots. It doesn't have much recoil which is nice. I like to think of it as the heavy ammo R-301, you can definitely down someone as quick as one if all the bullets land.

My personal favorite underrated weapon would be the Havoc. I actually love the recoil on it. Learning to control that recoil, especially from a far range is not very easy. Each projectile energy bullet could fly one way another, so you have to be steady with the pull.

Message 7 of 21 (893 Views)

Havoc in close combat is definitely underrated and with the single fire buff it is better in slot then most snipers in long range duels.

Extra fun points go to the Mozambique.
Fun weapon to play with, a bit weak but shoudn't be underestimated.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 8 of 21 (842 Views)

Community Manager

My primary weapon of choice is the Mozambique. When the game first came out so many people were memeing about it and talking about how underpowered it was that I decided to start a secondary account and see how well I could do using just it. I've been having a blast with it and people really don't like getting downed by it and even worse when I slowly walk toward them and kill them with it.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 21 (761 Views)

Community Manager

If you can get your hands on a select fire for the Prowler to make it full auto and combine it with the R99 it's a sweet combo. The Havoc is definitely underrated though. If you have spray control it shreds through armor.

Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 21 (730 Views)