Your Game Of The Year 2017

by EA_David

Original Post

Highlighted

Your Game Of The Year 2017

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi all, most of the major releases for the year are out now, and it's been quite a year! So what was your number 1 game/what meant the most to you?

There's no need to restrict it to EA games, and if you're still playing something from before 2017 that's fine too. 

My vote goes to Nier:Automata. It's a beautiful game in so many ways, and the final ending was a striking way to wrap up the experience. 

What was your game of the year?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 1 of 16 (1,261 Views)

Re: Your Game Of The Year 2017

Hero (Retired)

I'd have to say Fifa Mobile. The content took a huge step up this year! As well as the compensations you guys give for when there is a major bug and so on in the game, its really great. There's so many things to do and grind for, and the content keeps getting better and better each promo!

Message 2 of 16 (1,251 Views)

Champion (Retired)

For me, it would be definitely Wolfenstein II : The New Colossus, played through that game 5 times already so yeah.... guess its obvious that im gonna take that game :D

Greetings,

Babyhuehnchen

Answeres provided by real chickens

Message 3 of 16 (1,236 Views)

EA DICE Team

For me that's definitely Breath of the Wild - it gave me a full month of enjoyment. That's a lot for a single player game, and I loved every moment of it.

Message 4 of 16 (1,222 Views)

EA DICE Team

Wow this year was already over. 

My vote is on Assassins Creed: Origin (I know it's still fresh blood) But the biggest surprise to me.

Ubisioft learned the lessons and tried new stuff for the franchises but still have the same feeling of being Assassins Creed game and did not lose the core value of the game. The extra polish it received made it the best game of the year for me. I have around 60+ hours in to the game now and done 99% of the game (Waiting for more stuff). Watching the birth of Creed and being in old Egypt was amazing, the new story, new combat system. It feel fresh and it works!

The connections this game with of old the games (not going to spoil it)

This game rivals Assassins creed 2: Brotherhood.

Black Flag is an amazing game but not amazing for a Assassins Creed game.

Assassins Creed: Origin over all is 9/10 for me.

/Atic 

Message 5 of 16 (1,119 Views)

Community Manager

Bit of a tough one considering just how many great titles we saw this year, Horizon Zero Dawn is certainly a contender but my game of the year is Yakuza 0, with Nioh coming pretty close.

Yakuza 0 is a sprawling somewhat open world game packed full of bonkers side quests, eccentric characters and a truly unique and compelling story that feels like Takeshi Miike byways of Kitano with a sprinkling of Scorscese for added effect. It's perhaps the only game I have ever played in which a side mission involved helping a dominatrix become more dominating. It also has a character who pops up randomly to dance in his underwear. It's also got a fantastic cast full of recognisable cult actors and mini games that are actually fun to play.

Darko.png
Message 6 of 16 (1,099 Views)

★★ Pro
I want to say Need for Speed Payback but since its so new and get even more stuff and updates into 2018 I cant really call it 2017 game, so I would say that Mass Effect Andromeda is defently my 2017 game of the year, and the only non-Sims game I put more then 150 hours into, in both Single and Multiplayer modes
Message 7 of 16 (1,054 Views)

Divinity: Original Sin 2 for me. Just because of the sheer amount of choices and consequences and the available routes.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 8 of 16 (1,037 Views)

Hero

There are three games that stood out for me, and it's difficult to pick one over the others because they are all so very different. Those games are:

• Divinity: Original Sin II
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 9 of 16 (955 Views)

EA DICE Team

Glad to see that my choice won. Well deserved, I might add :-)

There were some other great contenders though. Glad to see so many great games were released this year.

Message 10 of 16 (905 Views)