You should respawn with *some* gear

by low_tier_squid

Original Post

You should respawn with *some* gear

★★★★★ Apprentice

One of the problems I notice a lot in this game is almost nobody wants to stick around with being respawned (NOT revived, respawned via the dropship). For one, anyone near the dropship sees it and knows there is a naked free kill about to spawn. Secondly, it's just boring to come back with nothing and it's essentially a waste of time and a death sentence at most stages of the game (late game you're lucky to even see a respawn beacon inside the safe zone). 

IMO this mechanic needs buffed somehow to make people want to stick around for it. A lot of the big streamers have said similar things and they only bother waiting for a respawn if they're playing with their friends, never with randoms because it's just such a waste of time. Cause really there's no point in having this in the game at all if nobody wants to use it. My opinion is make it so you respawn with basic gear that you had before, like if you had a fully kitted Spitfire you start with a naked Spitfire and 1 box of heavy. If you had purple armor you start with white armor. Just basics. Otherwise I can tell this will be a feature of the game that is heavily ignored for a long time. Most people disconnect once they get fully killed because who wants to wait X minutes for the chance your squad wins the gunfight and gets you to a beacon, only for you to start with nothing?

People have been saying a "leaver penalty" is a solution but I dunno. Maybe the respawn system just needs to be made more desirable. Your thoughts?

Message 1 of 7 (327 Views)

Re: You should respawn with *some* gear

★★★ Guide
I think you're being too demanding.
It's a luxury no other BR game has.

So you're already being treated with the ability to walk back right in to the game and have another shot at winning. And you're still unsatisfied? Why am I picturing you throwing a tantrum when you're getting a black iPhone 10 instead of white one on your birthday.

But hey, you're entitled to your opinions.
To you it may appear boring to comeback without any gear.
To me it amps up the tension knowing I have to do my best to find new gear and fast.
Message 2 of 7 (316 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Play with friends they will pick up your main and drop there secondary for it if they are good teammates and sorry about armor you are out of luck on that one I think it is perfect the way it is if you get killed all the way there should be a harsh penalty to Respawn
Message 3 of 7 (311 Views)

★ Guide
Just go loot your death box after you are respawned back in lol 75% of the time your with in 30 seconds of the closest respawn point
Message 4 of 7 (293 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I bring back rando's all the time. especially when I solo cue and I am the rando 

Message 5 of 7 (251 Views)

Community Manager

When I revive a teammate from the beacon I will always drop a gun and some supplies for them as there is nothing worse than being returned to the game only to die because you have nothing to kill with. I did have an instance where my team looted my kill box and when they revived me they ran off leaving me with nothing only for both of them to die, I took great joy in looting both of them and took my time reviving them.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 7 (224 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I only have 40+ hours clocked in but I'm not new to BR games. All my hours in Apex has been with Randoms and not one time has a team mate dropped a gun after dying when you re-spawn. Heck, every team mate will loot your death crate anyhow. Nobody can expect a good experience with randoms. I also drop my secondary for team mates, and even at the start of the game if we're looting and I come across two guns, I only take one, yet everyone else will take both...

This is why 100% of the time I just leave the match on death with randoms. It is a waste of time, and you're not going to be in a position to fight well equipped squads either way. That being said, if you have a team of friends then you're guaranteed to get drops, otherwise you're playing with the wrong people.

Message 7 of 7 (199 Views)