Re: You should get more EXP from doing stuff other than vanquishing

by xMuninnx

Original Post

You should get more EXP from doing stuff other than vanquishing

★★★★ Apprentice

I feel like the main reason why people don't want to play support or revive or be altruistic in general is because you barely get any EXP from doing anything else other than vanquishing. Healing gives you barely any EXP, reviving gives you a bit over 1/4 of the exp you could have gotten from a vanquish and it takes forever, and it slows you down.

Supporting isn't that much better either. You barely get any exp for helping your teammate to get a kill by crippling the enemy with goop or hexing them with the roses spell etc. You get around 25 EXP for assists and I feel like 25 isn't enough, and I think it would be a lot nicer if you could give a bit more than that.

Assists are also kinda busted. they also give around 50 EXP, and you get them even if you did a considerable amount of damage to the enemy. Shared vanquishes could also be a bit more common than they are right now.

Objective related stuff should DEFINITELY give you a lot more exp than it currently does. There's no reason to do the objective when farming kills gives you a lot more exp than doing the main objective does. This needs to be changed ASAP.

TL:DR More exp from stuff other than vanquishing & more exp from doing the objective

Message 1 of 7 (658 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

I'm on board with you. I played a game where i healed almost 4k and revived 17 people and had a couple of kills and still was only mid way up the leader board. I enjoy healing, but it really is a thankless job in this game. Very little exp and almost no one returns the favor when you die. You'd think healers would be treated better for reducing the 5 minute walk from the spawn point back into the battle. 😆

Message 2 of 7 (623 Views)

★ Apprentice

Totally agree! The XP gain should be better distributed. Less for a kill and more for other, just as important, activities.

Spawning weeds, sitting on objective, healing, and assisting will get you a level up after a FULL game. Getting Two vanquishes will get you one level up right away. Thats just not right. 

Playing support roles is not very rewarding. If I have an amazing game playing Sunflower, I’ll only be halfway up the leader board at best. 

AND revives clearly don’t have enough incentive because NOBODY revives. Its crazy! I get the “Revive Master” badge every game no matter who I play because I will revive 1-3 people (on non-sunflower.) If you push tab in any game, the revive section will look like 1/0/0/0/1/0/0/3/0/0/0/0! 

Please make reviving more rewarding, that will not only help out the people who DO revive (like myself) but also encourage more players to try and revive others. 

Message 3 of 7 (607 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Frogchair I revive people not only because it help get troops to the objective sooner, but because part of me dies every time i have to walk for 20 minutes just in time to lose the objective.
Message 4 of 7 (580 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@MWWWMWMWMWMWWMMW Shared vanquishes, when earned, should also play the vanquish sfx so you can tell easier when the opponent you were shooting at dies, giving you credit. But yes, it feels really bad when you do 80% of the damage on a guy and he dies and you are rewarded with 30 xp...which is why they need to track damage done.
Message 5 of 7 (557 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Agreed.

XP needs to be more evenly spread out. Vanquishes giving the most XP by a large margin makes many players singularly focused on killing the enemy while ignoring their team and, even at times, the objective.

Besides, Rose could use some help in gaining XP. She is the singular worst character at getting vanquishes and getting an assist gives her next to nothing. Goatifying gives 50xp but that's not much for the CD and difficulty of actually getting it to work on more than one target.

Message 6 of 7 (535 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Frogchair Completely agree, I've had several BFN games where I've had team-mates standing next to my body but completely ignoring me while they line up their next shot & with the longer distance between spawn & objective, revives are incredibly helpful! I've always loved playing healer, especially sunflower and I've had many games in GW2 where I've been top of the table for coins earned with the xp from heals, revives & assists, despite having a fraction of the top kills - but you don't seem to get that reward in BFN. There's just not enough incentive for people to play heals especially sunflower, who is now much harder to get kills with.
Message 7 of 7 (510 Views)