Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: You’re going to need more than 4-hours

by Jonny_Castilloux

Original Post

Highlighted

You’re going to need more than 4-hours

★★★★ Apprentice

For tomorrow’s maintenance. Not to be too condescending here but as many times as I have been kicked out of free play and the constant 2-hour window warnings lead me to believe that you guys have one whopper of a server problem.

Are you seriously going to be able to fix all this in just a measly 4-hour maintenance window?

Message 1 of 6 (252 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Hang on, what needs fixing exactly?

This just sounds like routine maintenance.

And from what I can tell, the downtime is scheduled to be 2 hours.

Mostly following BioWare and Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers.
Message 2 of 6 (239 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

Not to kick a horse while it’s down but I hate to say I told you so.  Please for the sake of this game and my personal sanity take more time in doing your maintenance and fix the server issues. It’s getting difficult to even load into a map without being booted with an error message.

Message 3 of 6 (169 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

The maintenance time you're talking about is basically just restarting the servers with whatever updates they've decided to install and a quick check to make sure the update didn't outright crash the servers. The actual time spent fixing things is completely separate from the maintenance time. So a longer maintenance down time won't actually help with the issues you're talking about.

Message 4 of 6 (139 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide
that was matinence not patches.
Message 5 of 6 (134 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

I hate to say this but I went back and played Destiny 2 while I was waiting for the Anthem patching to complete.  Wow.  I did some patrols, some Escalation Protocol.  What a difference.  The game played smooth all the way through.  I got a prime engram 7 light levels higher than the gear I have equipped.  No skipping, no crashing, no nothing.  Smooth game and my Ikelos shotgun, despite the speed nerf, absolutely WRECKS in PVE.

Yeah, say it "It's because no one is playing it anymore so their servers are underloaded"  LMAO.  

I realize I'm not comparing apples to apples as far as time/development/etc; whatever the case, it was a pleasant change.  Let us not speak of this again.

Message 6 of 6 (93 Views)
Twitter Stream