You must have an account to play

by FlangoDango

Original Post

Accepted Solution

You must have an account to play

★★★ Newbie

Today I was asked for a password from EA on Xbox from 7 years ago to play Apex. The email they sent the reset link to is no longer available. I called and they asked for my game achievements for 3 games, gave it to them, my address, birthday etc. Then they said it wasn't correct. I provided 3 (copy and paste) from my MicroSoft account history of Apex purchases including name, amount, date, and order number. They said it wasn't correct. At the end of everything they said they can't validate my account and to "call back" when I have better information. I know my birthday, phone number, the rest was copy and paste. Not sure what to do now. Spent a lot of money and had 2 heirlooms. 

Message 1 of 3 (739 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: You must have an account to play

Community Manager

Hey @FlangoDango

I'm really sorry, but account issues like this aren't something we can help with here on Answers HQ. 

I can only recommend following up with the EA Help team if there's any other information you can offer that might help verify the account. If you need more details on how to set up a case with them check out the EA Help website

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (723 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @FlangoDango

I'm really sorry, but account issues like this aren't something we can help with here on Answers HQ. 

I can only recommend following up with the EA Help team if there's any other information you can offer that might help verify the account. If you need more details on how to set up a case with them check out the EA Help website

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 3 (724 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I finally gave up. So I created a new Xbox Live account and linked it to EA (wrote everything down). Then I got the "free" change for my default Xbox gamertag and changed it to something I liked. But my linked EA account doesn't reflect that change. So now, years from now if I need to reset I have to remember multiple Xbox gamertags and guess which one EA wants. Why won't it update to my current gamertag if it's "linked"?

Message 3 of 3 (681 Views)