Re: You have a good looking Ryder? Show it HERE, please

by admcmei86

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

lexandro_Albion a écrit :

This is my current Ryder twins in Andromeda.

Very cute, you're "Sara Ryder"!

But your "Scott" is really Reyes Vidal! Large smile

Message 121 of 157 (1,278 Views)

★★ Guide

Here's another one. Neither normal nor good-looking (unless you are a necrophiliac) but I wanted to test the limits of the CC.

Behold - Ghost Ryder!

Ghost Ryder.jpg

This poor sod suffered some pretty nasty burns as a result of a cryo pod short circuit.

Then when they finally got him out of that veritable space coffin, the portable X-ray malfunctioned and he got so irradiated that his facial bones now glow from beneath his skin.

If only you could see his chest...

Message 122 of 157 (1,255 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Would have fit right in, in City of Heroes/Villains! 

:D

Man, I wish there was as good a game with that level of customization and modern face graphics.

Message 123 of 157 (1,253 Views)

★ Guide

Funny thing is I made the face long before I knew of and met Vidal. Was a bit surreal meeting him at first lol.

Message 124 of 157 (1,246 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

i recommend you take a look at the work from 3lateral. they have shown some pretty awesome stuff at GDC this year.

Message 125 of 157 (1,222 Views)

★ Guide

@RoastPotato26 wrote:

Its funn how @lexandro_Albion created a Reyes clone and @admcmei86 a Sloane lookalike Large smile

I know, right? When I met her I went "mom...?"

For a long time I thought "oh they just reused the model in the CC and made it younger" but then I saw the CC again and the basic character is actually very different looking. So it was all me! 

Message 126 of 157 (1,175 Views)

★ Guide

Can I tell you guys the truth? Everyone has complained about how "oh they made Sara ugly!" but you know what? I actually had a lot harder time making a good looking male. And I'm not even satisfied with the final result. It's a lot harder to just make a young-looking, good looking Ryder like the default one. The male model is better animated, yes, but the female model is a lot easier to be made to look good.

Message 127 of 157 (1,143 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@admcmei86 wrote:

Can I tell you guys the truth? Everyone has complained about how "oh they made Sara ugly!" but you know what? I actually had a lot harder time making a good looking male. And I'm not even satisfied with the final result. It's a lot harder to just make a young-looking, good looking Ryder like the default one. The male model is better animated, yes, but the female model is a lot easier to be made to look good.

I think there are a couple of different issues going on at the same time. There is the point that the default Sara Ryder looks nothing like the model they used for her and on top of that how sort of cartoony they made her face. Which was not what they did with Scott.

Secondly there was the complaint about being able to create a good looking female. In the end this complaint actually had different causes than some of us (myself included) thought. By playing a higher resolution in combination with the improvements in the patches, I've learned that ME:4's baseline experience was built around higher resolutions and there just was a huge lighting/shading issue that has been improved upon. The lack of customisation options also didn't help but that's also been improved a bit now.

I do not play male characters generally, but I can imagine that there could be similar issues and well generally male players who play male characters tend to care a bit less about the appearance of their characters. Don't want to go into too much stereotyping but I reckon that as long as you have cool armour and big guns the average male gamer may not care so much about the rest.

Doesn't mean it's all like that of course. You obviously care and I'll tell you that this is also a big reason why I don't play male characters because they generally look goofy or just plain boring. 

Message 128 of 157 (1,112 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

my Ryder left is my current 1.08 and the right is the pre 1.08 version.

Message 129 of 157 (1,090 Views)

★ Guide

@EgoMania wrote:

@admcmei86 wrote:

I think there are a couple of different issues going on at the same time. There is the point that the default Sara Ryder looks nothing like the model they used for her and on top of that how sort of cartoony they made her face. Which was not what they did with Scott.

Secondly there was the complaint about being able to create a good looking female. In the end this complaint actually had different causes than some of us (myself included) thought. By playing a higher resolution in combination with the improvements in the patches, I've learned that ME:4's baseline experience was built around higher resolutions and there just was a huge lighting/shading issue that has been improved upon. The lack of customisation options also didn't help but that's also been improved a bit now.

I do not play male characters generally, but I can imagine that there could be similar issues and well generally male players who play male characters tend to care a bit less about the appearance of their characters. Don't want to go into too much stereotyping but I reckon that as long as you have cool armour and big guns the average male gamer may not care so much about the rest.

Doesn't mean it's all like that of course. You obviously care and I'll tell you that this is also a big reason why I don't play male characters because they generally look goofy or just plain boring. 

I think I agree, and also I think it basically it feels "off" for us heteros who usually play female to not be attracted to our character and makes us feel less satisfied and care less. I'm basically forcing myself to play a male on the ng+ because: 1) I just want a different as possible experience from the first playthough and 2) I want to romance Cora.

Message 130 of 157 (1,084 Views)