You don’t realise how bad controller looting is til you play in pc lobbies

by MassiveVernon

Original Post

Re: You don’t realise how bad controller looting is til you play in pc lobbies

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

QQ I got double tapped by a mastiff and now I am on the forums... (TLDR version of what you said) @E9ine_AC 

Message 11 of 39 (423 Views)

Hero
@MassiveVernon I mean you may think what you wish. You are entitled to do so. I have zero reasons to lie about experiences I have and many others most being pro players. Pro players have also picked up a controller for first time on pc and demolished the lobby as well. Some of the biggest streamer pros want cross-play removed completely. Muscle memory helps in times like this. We use to play CoD and Halo we did not forget how to do so with a controller. Of course, I hit the firing range for about an hour to get the feel of it but in that match itself, I did drop 3200 and 11 kills. It's not too hard to do IMO. The movement was an issue but up close fights, I dominated all.

But you are correct both have their advantages and disadvantages which is why I'm quite adamant about removing cross-play from ranked lobbies. There should be no advantages when it comes to that game mode. Pubs I don't even care. My argument every time is in a ranked setting.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 12 of 39 (404 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Everyone knows how busted AA is. AA has no place in a competitive fps. If you wanna have AA you should only be allowed to play with other people who have AA. I have friends on controllers who played m/k for quite a while and they just went back to controller cuz of the huge advantage AA provides and cuz m/k is just so much harder. Anyone who's good at the game and it's honest about it knows how broken and game breaking this aim assist is.

Message 13 of 39 (394 Views)

★★ Pro
@E9ine_AC I mean that’s just it though , dropping kills and damage like that isn’t a sweat for you regardless of input . I don’t doubt that you regularly get games like that whilst using k&m so it doesn’t surprise me that you’d be able to replicate that on controller. My point is that Sure aim assist helps , but not to the extent where it gives you some massively unfair advantage and I do get sick of people making out like it’s actual aimbot cause it’s just really not . I mean seriously, try playing with aim assist turned off idc if youre the best controller player in the world you’re gonna struggle . It’s there for a reason because of the limitations using a thumbstick for precise aiming has .

And yes definitely agree there , ranked should not be crossplay at all .
Message 14 of 39 (386 Views)

Hero
@MassiveVernon Consoles users are quick to say its not strong its not needed we can play without it. But when someone mentions removing it their tune changes. They then get defensive about it. 60% aim assist. this is literally 40% of off aim bot at someone and insta locking on someone with a in game mechanic of a mini aim bot. While those who are on console and adapted to aim assist not realising how strong it really is inside of apex just dont notice it. Because its what they have had from day 1. I honestly just wanna see a test of them removing AA and lets see how good players are who use AA. I just say this as experience goes on. I have not been playing near as much as i use to because cross-play has taken a lot of the fun out of it for me. All I desire is fair game play.

As for you console users who say AA is not strong then going without it inside our lobbies should not effect you any. =P It will also cancel the need for xims and other type of devices on pc as AA is gone rendering those inputs useless.

Message 15 of 39 (377 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@E9ine_ACI never said I don’t need it in fact I stated just the opposite. Aim assist is NECESSARY because of the limitations using a thumbstick for precise aiming has. I also stated that even if you were the best controller player ever you would not be able to play well with it turned off . I’m not denying it helps, because it’s literally needed . I’m saying it does NOT make you snap to targets , not at all!! It doesn’t reduce recoil and doesn’t give you god like aim and prevent you from missing all your shots! Idk where you people get these ideas from aha .

So again to reiterate; I never said I didn’t need it I fully acknowledge it’s purpose , but it just simply is not what your making it out to be and doesn’t snap to targets or mean you don’t need to be able to aim.

Message 16 of 39 (362 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@MassiveVernonme neither. Aim assist or not, controller sucks, period.

Message 17 of 39 (340 Views)

Hero
@MassiveVernon I was not directing it at you just speaking in general as you can tell the console users on here for the most part highly defend it. I understand why it is there. Just does not belong where we are.

Message 18 of 39 (336 Views)

Champion

Glad I had some popcorn made when I started reading this. It only goes one way.

@Koochi-Q Can you tell us again how AA hinders you? 😉

Message 19 of 39 (315 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Controller experts: My PS4 controller won't work on my PC. Can you play Apex with a Soul Calibur VI XBOX arcade pad?

Message 20 of 39 (310 Views)