Yet another caustic nerf?!?!?

by Marge010

Original Post

Re: Yet another caustic nerf?!?!?

@Marge010 I have not heard or read anything that verifies it. I don't get it, I have no issue killing caustics. I don't fear the gas like I used to either. I try to avoid the gas (anyone does) but it's not the end of the world if I end up in it.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 21 of 50 (332 Views)

★★★★ Novice

yeah just let them heal in the gas and do nothing about it. the gas is totally pointless

Message 22 of 50 (329 Views)

★ Expert
@BaldWraithSimp That's the main problem I have is the aggressive nerfs and slowly buffing them. It's just plain old lazy balancing. Not to mention it didn't even address the issue people had with old Caustic which was damaging abilities. What's even more annoying is that their stats showed that Caustic needed buffs before the streamer/pro complains came in. I don't know if it stopped lifeline rez but it definitely should.
Message 23 of 50 (327 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Daze623 after this nerf we'll be seeing less caustics like you who just throw gas and leave teammates 2v3 hoping that's enough to kill enemies.
Message 24 of 50 (326 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@erthaccont232I'm an Octane/Rev main [Admin - removed]. Last time I played him was 2 months ago in rank and I picked him cause someone else took Rev and I had no idea who I wanted to play.

Message 25 of 50 (324 Views)

★ Expert
@DarthValtrex It's cause the main complains pro players had was the ult fiesta that happens at the end ring but for some reason the balancing team took it as "pls nerf Caustic he's too OP!"
Message 26 of 50 (319 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Daze623 Shooting the drone cancels the rez, so logically Caustic gas should also cancel it. I will chalk it up to as a bug. That solves the problem of rezzing in the gas(if implemented), since everyone else has to do it manually and I don't think anyone is stupid enough to try it.

Message 27 of 50 (318 Views)

★ Expert
@BaldWraithSimp Knowing how fast and efficient they fix bugs in this game. I'd consider it part of the mechanics now. lol
Message 28 of 50 (313 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Daze623 I understand why you would think that. But I know it's not just the pro-players. They take the entire communities feedback, not just the top players. But more importantly they base changes off game statistics we simply do not have access to. It's based off win rates, it's based off the success rate a legend has in 1vs1 1vs2 and 1vs3 fights. They take everything into account when they try and balance a gun or legend.

It's also not just based on the statistics from top tier lobbies. I would not be surprised at all if legend performance is different in low, mid and high skill lobbies. I actually know it is based on what I see in game. You will see Fuse players have success in the low tier lobbies, but he has almost no success in the top tier lobbies. Like wise people in the low and mid tier lobbies struggle with legends that perform well in the top tier lobbies. But despite that they try to find creative ways to balance the legends so they work in all lobbies. 

I know that player feedback from this forum has been discussed and relayed to the game developers. They really try hard to provide the community with what we want to see, while also keeping things balanced.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 29 of 50 (312 Views)

★ Expert
@DarthValtrex I used to think like that too but after the Caustic balancing changes. I just now think they have a habit of blindly listening to proplayer complains. Before Caustic got nerfed hard, he was supposed to receive a buff that was dropped because of pro players and their followers complains. They complained about Caustic not because he's OP but because he's annoying to play against at end ring but for some reason the balancing team decided to just nerf him to the ground and call it a day. Did it deal with the issue? Yeah but now he's a legend that doesn't have any real place in the game just like Rampart and Fuse.
Message 30 of 50 (293 Views)