Re: Yet another caustic nerf?!?!?

by Marge010

Original Post

[ Edited ]

@Daze623 I understand your point. I know what the impact of Caustics last nerf was. I have a fairly good idea of what is coming and I'm not worried about the OP concerns at all. Based on what I've seen stated by devs publicly and other data I can find around the net. I think this thread is a ton of concern about nothing. 

Caustic will still be a very strong legend.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 31 of 50 (278 Views)

★ Expert
@DarthValtrex Whether or not they nerf him I still consider him below average legend. The only way to make him balanced is to just rework him at this point. His kit unless made completely weak will always be a nuisance for players. I just hope they don't pull off anymore balancing changes like this(aggressively nerfing) as it's something I absolutely hate seeing.
Message 32 of 50 (273 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@hayhorhttps://comicbook.com/gaming/news/apex-legends-update-patch-horizon-nerf/

It mentions in there that during season 8 players have been calling for a nerf to caustic and wraith but it doesn't say anymore about it. It mainly talks about changes to watson

Message 33 of 50 (258 Views)

Champion
@BaldWraithSimp Exactly what I thought of that video. He threw his ult on a downed guy.....wtf was the point. Just drop a barrel in that case.
Message 34 of 50 (236 Views)

Champion
@Daze623 The issue is he is not as weak as you say. And the one example you showed isnt doing anything to back that up.

He was still used more than wattson in the last algs.

I have had one scenario where the gas nerf killed me and my teammates in hundreds of games. Two of us were down and our remaining teammate had a 1v1 against the enemy but both were one shot. The enemy had been in my gas for 4 seconds while I was already down. We figure based on teammate damage report and my gas damage the guy was 10 health or less. 4 second difference now is exactly 10 health. My teammate lost the 1v1 but the 1v1 would have never happened in the old gas damage scenario. The thing is I did terrible with my gun in the fight. I missed badly on some shots. So I take responsibility for the death.
Message 35 of 50 (234 Views)

Champion
@Marge010 Yeah I wouldnt worry about that article. No one is asking for wraith or caustic nerfs anymore.
Message 36 of 50 (233 Views)

★ Expert
@hayhor Really? A guy reviving inside his gas is not an example of people not caring about his gas? Really??????
And how many teams actually took him in ALGS exactly?
Did this game happen in rank? and if it did what rank?
Message 37 of 50 (226 Views)

Champion
@Daze623 The example shows caustic down with his teammates not there. The lifeline runs over and uses her drone and gets out of there after 1 damage tick. The drone should not have worked. I know it did not use to. Even friendly gas used to cancel the drone. Either the lifeline knew it would work and that she was safe to start it, indicating a high quality player or she was a bad player and ran into it anyway. I dont know. I cant see the lifelines information.

There were at least 4 caustics in the EMEA teams and more than that in NA. So more than 20% of the teams still used Caustic. And no wattsons that I recall. The lack of wattsons surprised me. I assumed the shield regeneration would result in a resurgence.

My example was pubs but a very good lobby as I was with friends. I believe the champ squad was full preds and multiple flew out of that ship.
Message 38 of 50 (223 Views)

★ Expert
@hayhor How many games happened after Caustic's nerf and how does it look like for his playrate:winrate? Honestly I'm not surprised they haven't looked at Wattson yet. I noticed that Apex Legend's pros doesn't adapt as well as other game's pros. They like to stick to the same old meta and when it starts to shift, they start to throw a hissyfit and cry about nerfs.
The thing about pubs is that it's hard to get a good idea if the teams you're playing against are decent cause the skill level is really mixed. I've had games where the champ squad was a 3 stack preds but the teams I fought weren't really that great, some of them were even just standing still when shooting. A great way to see if Caustic is still as good as you guys claim he is, is to take him to rank and climb with him.
Message 39 of 50 (219 Views)

Champion
@Daze623 They have said his winrate hasn't really changed.

I'm not sure what my example and whether it was pubs or ranked has to do with anything. It was just my only example where I saw a difference. It was actually a better example than what you showed as the person should have died.

I don't play ranked much and when I do I play it like pubs. I'm not a fan of grinding for points if teammates die or watching teammates if I die.

I do have a friend who mains caustic in ranked. He made it to diamond pre and post nerf and said he hasn't noticed any difference. He is an aggressive player and does it solo queueing.

So we have you, who admitted you do not play caustic, saying he is useless now and many of us who play caustic saying they do not notice a difference.
Message 40 of 50 (205 Views)