YO! EA and GHOST GAMES! We need to talk...

by TheN00bIsPlaying

Original Post

YO! EA and GHOST GAMES! We need to talk...

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Honestly, this game is not bad... But it's far from good too...

I was expecting to be disappointed due to EA's bad track record (pun intended).

All the years that have gone by and you still don't get it.

This is NFS, a game where you win races to get some cash; cash that you spend to upgrade your car so you can win more races. Between the races, you either look for collectibles OR pick a fight with the cops and have a high speed race where you go as fast as you can, dodge traffic, Rhinos and spikes, and 80% of the time, you lose the cops.

This is not a game where you fear the cops because you know they overpower you.

Here are a couple of things that can be easily fixed/added to make things better.

1. GAME PERFORMANCE/OPTIMIZATION
It's obvious that the game has been made for consoles and then ported onto PC. That always comes with a set of problems that only PC players feel and even though we are still a majority, you and other companies seem to forget that most games are still best enjoyed on PC and the need for customization and control is paramount when dealing with gamers that spend some large amounts of money to be able to fully enjoy the immersive graphics that his game could offer.
That being said, Ghost Games needs to work on optimizing the game, in order to facilitate a better experience across the PC platform.
On my current PC there is very little difference between running the game at ULTRA (60 FPS roam, 35 FPS race) and LOW (65-70 FPS roam, 30-40 FPS race).
I run a 1660TI and i've heard someone say they get the same difference with a 2080TI (4 times the price, they can barely reach 80-100 FPS).
There are many things that can be done with a bit of time and patience.

2. RACES - Checkpoints
Even though i fully understand the need for checkpoints since there are no barriers at night, these checkpoints need to be modified so that they better cover large intersections. I had to restart races due to missing a checkpoint even though i passed right next to it on the same road (just the oncoming traffic lane).

3. COPS
As mentioned before in this thread https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Losing-money-when-getting-busted-is-not-a-fun-mechanic/...
cops need to be modified as well as adding a new customization option for "Car Reinforcements" that will better protect you against cops while in a chase.

At the same time, Heat Levels need to be locked like so:
Lvl 1 to 9 - Heat Level 1, cannot go above that.
Lvl 10 to 19 - Heat Level 2, cannot go above that.
Lvl 20 to 29 - Heat Level 3, cannot go above that.
Lvl 30 to 35 - Heat Level 4, cannot go above that.
Lvl 36 to 50 - Heat Level 5 is fully unlocked and achievable in a pursuit.

Rubberbanding - has to go.
Scale Max speed and HP of cop cars based on heat level:
- Heat Level 1 - Cops can take 1 hits (full impact) or 3 hits (lateral swipe). Maximum speed 170 KPH
- Heat Level 2 - Cops can take 2 hits (full impact) or 4 hits (lateral swipe). Maximum speed 180 KPH
- Heat Level 3 - Cops can take 3 hits (full impact) or 5 hits (lateral swipe). Maximum speed 180 KPH
- Heat Level 4 - Cops can take 4 hits (full impact) or 5 hits (lateral swipe). Maximum speed 200 KPH
- Heat Level 5 - Cops can take 5 hits (full impact) or 6 hits (lateral swipe). Maximum speed 250 KPH
Rhino units cannot be damaged, instead they just have to be avoided. Maximum speed for Rhino units should be 180 KPH.

Add Vehicle Impound:
When you get busted, your car gets Impounded and you cannot use that car for a certain amount of time (system time, not game time - Synched with Origin to prevent abuse):
Heat 1 - 6 Hours - $10000 impound fee
Heat 2 - 12 Hours - $20000 impound fee
Heat 3 - 24 Hours - $30000 impound fee
Heat 4 - 36 Hours - $40000 impound fee
Heat 5 - 48 Hours - $50000 impound fee

*** Thanks to @Deciballistic  for suggesting this:
Players that own one single car, will get away with just the impound fee. If Impound fee is larger than current bank, they will also be unable to progress in level (no REP gain) until they fully paid the impound fee.

Add Speedbreakers:

In-game all around the map (Billboards, Scaffoldings, etc.).

Once through a Speedbreaker, Cops get damaged based on the type of Speedbreaker and the proximity to it. Cops within 5 meters get disabled. Cops within 10 meters lose 50% of HP.

4. NOS
I don't know what world you guys live in, but injecting 3lbs (1.37 KG) of accelerant into an engine within 2 seconds, will most likely stall the engine.
If you didn't understand that, let me make it clearer:
The current amount of thrust that NOS give's you is equivalent to, at best, 1 lbs of NOS.

NOS needs reworking and it needs to be scalable:
Sport - 1 lbs
PRO - 2 lbs
PRO+ - 4 lbs
Super - 6 lbs
Super+ - 8 lbs
ULTIMATE - 16 lbs (unlockable at lvl 45)

NOS needs to have a costumization option that unlocks at PRO and provides a choice between:
PRO - 1x2 lbs OR 2x1 lbs
PRO+ - 1x4 lbs OR 2x2 lbs
Super - 1x6 lbs OR 3x2 lbs
Super+ - 1x8 lbs OR 2x4 lbs OR 4x2 lbs
ULTIMATE - 1x16 lbs OR 2x8 lbs OR 4x4 lbs

Thrust/Duration explanation:
NOS works by injecting it into the cilinders alongside the fuel.
New NOS system will work like this:
Sport - 1 lbs - 2 second duration - doubles the acceleration of the car.
PRO - 2 lbs - 3 second duration - doubles the acceleration of the car.
PRO+ - 4 lbs - 4 second duration - doubles the acceleration of the car.
Super - 6 lbs - 3 second duration - triples the acceleration of the car.
Super+ - 8 lbs - 4 second duration - triples the acceleration of the car.
ULTIMATE - 16 lbs - 3 second duration - quadruples the acceleration of the car.

5. AUXILIARY ITEMS
These have to go. Never to be spoken ever again.
They will be replaced with separate TABS in each category (NOS, TIRES, ECU, ROLL CAGE)

- Roll Cage
--> Upgreadable
----> Sport (level 15) - 25% more HP, 10% loss of maximum speed, 5% loss in acceleration. $25k
----> Pro (level 25) - 50% more HP, 8% loss of maximum speed, 4% loss in acceleration. $50k
----> Super (level 40) - 75% more HP, 6% loss of maximum speed, 3% loss in acceleration. $75k
----> Ultimate (level 50) - 100% more HP, 2% loss of maximum speed, 1% loss in acceleration. $100k

- Tires
--> Upgreadable
----> Sport (level 15) - Reinflate tires - 5 minute cooldown, 10 second to fully inflate, 10% Max Speed loss. $25k
----> Pro (level 25) - Reinflate tires - 4 minute cooldown, 8 second to fully inflate, 7% Max Speed loss. $50k
----> Super (level 40) - Reinflate tires - 2.5 minute cooldown, 5 second to fully inflate, 5% Max Speed loss. $75k
----> Ultimate (level 50) - Reinflate tires - 1 minute cooldown, 2 second to fully inflate, 3% Max Speed loss. $100k

- ECU COUNTERMEASURES
--> Upgreadable
----> Sport (level 15) - Kill Switch Jammer - Cooldown 10 minutes. $25k
----> Pro (level 25) - Kill Switch Jammer - Cooldown 7 minutes. $50k
----> Super (level 40) - Kill Switch Jammer - Cooldown 5 minutes. $75k
----> Ultimate (level 50) - Kill Switch Jammer - Cooldown 2 minutes. $100k

HERE IS HOW ALL THE PERFORMANCE ITEMS WILL FIT IN A NEW MENU:
https://i.imgur.com/3aUrYSe.png
Obviously, names and type of items can be changed to better match the game (totally forgot about elite items, i realized that they come before ultimate)

6. On-Screen Pop-ups
Seriously... All pop-ups have to be moved to the top or bottom of the screen so that they will not, in any way obstruct the view.

7. Music
For the first Hour of the game, i actually enjoyed the music. After that it got repetitive so i switched to Monstercat. Add more music... A lot more.

8. Drifting.
Remove the Drifting "events" and keep the Drifting "races" (trials?).

9. Repair car automatically before the start of the race.

That would be all for now, i think i might remember a few things in the future.
I haven't even bothered playing online due to the type of game and the implications online play brings to this type of game. I doubt i will ever play NFS online.

Message 1 of 27 (1,487 Views)

Re: YO! EA and GHOST GAMES! We need to talk...

★★ Guide
@TheN00bIsPlaying My problem right now is the damn cops, you start a race cops are coming after you, you hit heat lvl 2 and before you know it its over boom busted if you call that fun than i feel sorry, i wasted 70++ $$$ for nothing.
Message 2 of 27 (1,452 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@selticus1978 The upgrades I mentioned above are meant to balance things out and provide a better experience for everyone.
Though I don't think they listen...
Message 3 of 27 (1,409 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Thanks for the detailed post. My instinct is that i'd open heat 2 even to lower levels, but yeah higher heat levels get pretty spicy pretty fast.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 27 (1,403 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

-+*96+-*+

You forgot they need steering wheel support...I suck with a controller and have a racing setup that is mostly useless in this game.....

Message 5 of 27 (1,376 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Yetskii I'm a keyboard and mouse user, always have been, so you need to excuse my lack of insight.
However, since this is a driving game, it's inexcusable that it doesn't have Steering wheel support.
Message 6 of 27 (1,333 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_David It would open Heat 2 to lower levels, but keep in mind that with the rubberbanding gone and the cops being reworked, it should no longer be an issue.
Message 7 of 27 (1,334 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I AM NOT DONE YET!

10. Add the following options:

- Add option to set a default car.

- Car selection screen at the start of each race. Once the race is over the "DEFAULT" car is in use again.

11. Mark all 4x4 cars as Off-Road.

12. Limit Off-Road races to Off-Road cars.

13. At the spawn from the Garage, add the normal HUD (mini-map, etc)

14. I don't know why didn't think of this before:
WHERE THE F ARE DRAG RACES?

15. Add PRESETS for each car that is present in the garage.

Each preset will be a default save of all the performance upgrades applied to a certain car.

16. When swapping an engine, swap the equipped parts as well.

17. To clear up the map, add an option to remove events (races) that were already played and won (1st place). These race will not be shown on the map and the events that had a "!" on them will disappear.

18. Remove car bobbing when landing after jumping while racing. It obstructs the view and it's completely unnecessary. 

19. Remove or decrease car shaking while driving off-road.

20. ADD ANOTHER STEP IN CAMERA HEIGHT!

21. Repair car before AND after event. Basically as soon as you finish a race, you get a free car repair.

Message 8 of 27 (1,239 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I stopped playing. I lost 779k 820k and 1.7million rep. Not to mention the number of times I've lost 250k to 400k. Done with this game. Just hear to read if people are having the same problems I experienced.

Message 9 of 27 (1,177 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@ONEPROLIFIC Of course we are having the same problem. But nobody else seems to care...
Message 10 of 27 (1,141 Views)