Xims on console

by SethCurry

Original Post

Xims on console

★★★★★ Guide

People on console using keyboard and mouse need to be addressed, this is remotely the same problem as aim bots on pc.

Message 1 of 46 (670 Views)

Re: Xims on console

★★★★ Pro

Respawn have said they do not condone the use of M&K on console and are looking at ways to eliminate it.

There was a thread on here a day or two ago with a an article about this. Sorry I don't have a link.

Message 2 of 46 (653 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Silz616 wrote:

Respawn have said they do not condone the use of M&K on console and are looking at ways to eliminate it.

There was a thread on here a day or two ago with a an article about this. Sorry I don't have a link.

They need to enable KBM on console, both PS4 and Xbox One offer full native support.

It's the only way to level the playing field.

The problem with Xim use on console is that nobody gets banned for it, some people miss a finger or whatever, so it's allowed.

It's disgusting.

Message 3 of 46 (651 Views)

★★★ Pro

People are confusing actual cheating/hacks with someone who has years of experience using m&k then going to console. The typical console player who's  used nothing but controller would not instantly become MLG Pro overnight after switching to m&k. Xim doesn't change any code and is still bound by the restrictions as the controller its plugged into. It simply translates one device to another.

Actual aim bots, and hacks I don't condone.  Also, how is "Win boosting" a service you can pay for not a bigger issue? More people do that than actually use a XIm, I guarantee you.

When bad players need a scapegoat, Xim is easy to blame.

Message 4 of 46 (633 Views)

★★★ Expert

@DankToliet wrote:

People are confusing actual cheating/hacks with someone who has years of experience using m&k then going to console. The typical console player who's  used nothing but controller would not instantly become MLG Pro overnight after switching to m&k. Xim doesn't change any code and is still bound by the restrictions as the controller its plugged into. It simply translates one device to another.

Actual aim bots, and hacks I don't condone.  Also, how is "Win boosting" a service you can pay for not a bigger issue? More people do that than actually use a XIm, I guarantee you.

Nice try explaining how it doesn't give an advantage, but everyone with basic understanding knows that mouse and keyboard is vastly, and I mean VASTLY superior input technology.

It's not even remotely close to controller aim.

Message 5 of 46 (615 Views)

★★ Guide

I first heard about XIM cheaters on console back in 2014. They were rampant on Battlefield 4. XIM has plagued console for years, ruined the most appealing aspect of console. It used to be about playing other people on a fair even playing field. I switched to console to get away from all the cheating A-Holes on PC, but they're both as bad as each other now.

The devs can't do anything either, trust me numerous dev teams have tried. XIM is undetectable. The only way forward is for dev teams to fully support mouse & keyboard on console. 

Message 6 of 46 (603 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@DankToliet wrote:

It's too bad the developers don't see it your way.

Polygon Article KB+M on Console

KB+M is easy to use it's just point and click.  your using your wrist and  arm to shoot with and the WASD keys to move vs. Two thumbs not to mention you have unlimited space [relativly speaking, bigger mouse pad] so how is it fair ? KB+M is more responsive then a controller the input lag from your click to what you see is hundredths of a millisecond compared to mouse and key board.

You might not be MLG pro but you definetly could do some more damage and a higher kill count with KB+M compared to controller on console.

Also KB+M is more precise with it's aim and  you can set your sesitivity to lower sensitivity compared to the whole number's on a controller in some game's.

Message 7 of 46 (596 Views)

★★★ Pro
@RevenanT-G7 here's an actual non biased, well written article that research was actually put in

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/pajg8y/is-using-a-mouse-and-keyboard-on-consoles-cheating
Message 8 of 46 (568 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@DankToliet wrote:
@RevenanT-G7here's an actual non biased, well written article that research was actually put in

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/pajg8y/is-using-a-mouse-and-keyboard-on-consoles-cheating

OF course the CEO, Developer or the PR Guy of the XIM would say that to protect, sell and make a profit of his device. what company wouldn't stand behind their product ?

This is a very one sided article where for the majority of the article it's about the CEO / president, developer whatever he is of the product XIM defending it's product.

Even Blizzard has said, and I quote: "However, we have put serious research and development against this problem and we're hoping to have a solution to what we consider to be unfair circumstances. This is a priority for us and we're trying to combat this through technology and policy."

It's up to the Developer to decide what is fair and not. Not the CEO of the device on console. It is known since the Atari day's [even before] Home consoles are to be played with a Controller not a KB+M.  

If the Companies of these console would wanted a KB+M they would have made them that way.

Message 9 of 46 (556 Views)

★★★ Pro
@RevenanT-G7 it's just a good article that gives both sides point of view vs one basement dwellers opinion with an agenda.

That being said, if Respawn somehow succeeds where bigger developers have failed, they will run the risk of punishing those using other devices that aren't m&k and the bad PR they alone will earn from preventing those with disabilities from being able to play the only way they can.
Message 10 of 46 (534 Views)