Re: Xim mouse for Playstation 4. Legal cheat? Why nobody cares?

by DissentingPotato

Original Post

★★★★★ Guide

Xim is not detectable in fortnite you are giving false information. It was detectable for one day and xim sent out a patch and no longer detectable. I have 4K dmg badge no 20 kills highest is 19 darn the bad luck so if I hit all my shots killing you you would instantly cry cheater. With no evidence other than he killed me he must be cheating no one will listen. And there is no matchmaking system in apex so you being competitive does not group you with other tryhards and I don’t know if I could say 100% I have even been killed by a xim

Message 11 of 19 (1,123 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Unfortunately for all the haters, Xim and Cronusmax and other emulators are undetectable and not technically considered cheating. They mimic a controller input so as far as your console knows you are using a controller. PlayStation has its own licensed product you can buy to do this exact same thing, so I don't see them cracking down on it. 

Message 12 of 19 (1,092 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm sure machine learning and a good AI could find patterns and signatures exclusive to XIM users.

Researchers are experimenting with computers that lock themselves when they don't recognize specific typing patterns and mouse input. It's like a fingerprint or an iris.

I'm sure an AI could identify input patterns and quirks that are specific to XIM users and macro users on console and flag them.

I have no sympathy for cheaters in PvP games.

Message 13 of 19 (1,086 Views)

★ Guide

@Bowi_QC wrote:

I'm sure machine learning and a good AI could find patterns and signatures exclusive to XIM users.

Researchers are experimenting with computers that lock themselves when they don't recognize specific typing patterns and mouse input. It's like a fingerprint or an iris.

I'm sure an AI could identify input patterns and quirks that are specific to XIM users and macro users on console and flag them.

HAHAHA  why would anyone spend the likely hundreds of thousands / millions of dollars developing software to detect and ban devices, some of which are officially licensed by the platform holder???

Its it much, much, much easier and better for Respawn to just stop blocking the native keyboard and mouse inputs the consoles are capable of?

That costs zero money, and actually WILL 100% bring in a ton of players who are sick of pc cheaters.

Message 14 of 19 (1,071 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I'm all for K&M and native support. I'm simply against XIM and other cheating devices.

A.I. is the future. They will monitor every games at some point to flag troublemakers in VoIP, chat, and cheaters, I'm sure of it.

There's money to be made. That is why companies like EAC exist.

Message 15 of 19 (1,062 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@neillkorey wrote:

Xim is not detectable in fortnite you are giving false information. It was detectable for one day and xim sent out a patch and no longer detectable. I have 4K dmg badge no 20 kills highest is 19 darn the bad luck so if I hit all my shots killing you you would instantly cry cheater. With no evidence other than he killed me he must be cheating no one will listen. And there is no matchmaking system in apex so you being competitive does not group you with other tryhards and I don’t know if I could say 100% I have even been killed by a xim

based on what Mike Ybarra says, Xim and other devices like it are absolutely detectable. they have the api available to developers to use if they so choose to stop it. not even Overwatch or fortnite devs use it. I don't know if such a detecting system exist over at Sony but I'd go out on a limb a say they have the capability to detect as well.

one day on fortnite some Xim users  got kicked while playing: only some got kicked. most users on fortnite didn't even know till long after the fact. I guess it's up for debate on whether or not it was target at Xim users,  my sources say no. either way. that wasd check they were doing isn't being done anymore. the patch Xim put out is called SAB otherwise known as Simulate Analog Behavior. it's a feature I don't use but most report they really like the way it makes the wasd feel in not just fortnite but all games.

impressive damage in one round badge BTW. I've only done a little over 2k and not very often 

Message 16 of 19 (1,031 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Bowi_QC wrote:

I wonder if that's the style of detection Mike Ybarra says is available to devs on Xbox. I would think macros would be easy for any dev to detect. lucky for you that's the only cheating you have to deal with on consoles 

Message 17 of 19 (1,028 Views)

★ Novice
@TilkSiper it should be banned from competitive games on console. If you have to stoop down to a xim, your obviously garbage and can't hack it on PC.
Message 18 of 19 (869 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Bowi_QC Hori tac pro is the same thing and it's licensed by PlayStation. Does brand determine how much of a cheat it is?
Message 19 of 19 (653 Views)