Re: Xim mouse for Playstation 4. Legal cheat? Why nobody cares?

by VisualfEX

Original Post

Xim mouse for Playstation 4. Legal cheat? Why nobody cares?

★★★★ Novice

Yes, i'm crying. I hate people, playing with xim at Apex. Well, at least about in 1 game on 10 they kill me at the end of match. It's easy to detect, they always rushing u and have 100% aim at wingman, badge 4k dmg and 20 kills, etc. On killcam only blind can't see. I'm good at dualshock 4, main wrath, 50 squad kills, 30 finished by me, etc. But i always have butthurt, when xim users rushed my squad like hell and in 3 seconds we all die. I've read about matchmaking in Fortnite, that keyboard-and-mouse players on PS4 will be matchmade with PC. Is it true btw? Why nobody cares about it? Why developers have no balls? Just ban this * or do matchmaking with each other. Is it difficult to detect? I droped competitive Overwatch, cuz of it. In season 1 have 1k world, but then every game has xim. In Rainbow 6 siege, i've heard about xim problems too, every game... I know, that xim users base in shooters in small, i think about 5-7% maybe less. But when u are good player, play competitive for win and stats, u always will lose xim at the end of match. It's just unfair...

Message 1 of 19 (4,106 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I have a xim 4. I use a controller because the game simply plays better with one. The XIM is great but it is nothing like a pc. It's like you're aiming a boat. You can easily kill xim players. Calm down. Also, KBM support should be native anyway. God bless
Message 2 of 19 (4,093 Views)

★★ Guide

@TilkSiper wrote:

Yes, i'm crying. I hate people, playing with xim at Apex. Well, at least about in 1 game on 10 they kill me at the end of match. It's easy to detect, they always rushing u and have 100% aim at wingman, badge 4k dmg and 20 kills, etc. On killcam only blind can't see. I'm good at dualshock 4, main wrath, 50 squad kills, 30 finished by me, etc. But i always have butthurt, when xim users rushed my squad like hell and in 3 seconds we all die. I've read about matchmaking in Fortnite, that keyboard-and-mouse players on PS4 will be matchmade with PC. Is it true btw? Why nobody cares about it? Why developers have no balls? Just ban this * or do matchmaking with each other. Is it difficult to detect? I droped competitive Overwatch, cuz of it. In season 1 have 1k world, but then every game has xim. In Rainbow 6 siege, i've heard about xim problems too, every game... I know, that xim users base in shooters in small, i think about 5-7% maybe less. But when u are good player, play competitive for win and stats, u always will lose xim at the end of match. It's just unfair...

They have no reason to ban it? It's not cheating? Just do it yourself there is a reason why it's been allowed since playstation and xbox had mouse/keyboard capabilities. It's just using something other than a controller to play the game on a console. In no way is that a cheat or work around it's a legitimate way to play, no one stops you from doing the same exact thing. Everyone knows controllers for fps games are complete garbage so why not give you a leg up even two legs because of the aim assist! I don't play on consoles and never have because I've always had a pretty decent PC so saw no reason to buy systems and I mainly play FPS games which are horrid on consoles comparatively but again it's not cheating it's just using your IQ to give yourself an advantage. Again it'd be cheating if for some reason the game or system banned XIM but neither one is banned. Most people even want cross-platform compatibility so not sure what you'll do then when your constantly playing against people on PC unless they keep it crossed only between PS4 and Xbox.  

Message 3 of 19 (4,073 Views)

★★★ Pro

@TilkSiper wrote:

@TilkSiper wrote:

5-7% hahahahaha! Sorry the dev of the product has already released numbers. It's less than 1%, please just stop. The likelyhood that it was a xim user that killed is far and between. You're trying to punish players that are just better than you.

Message 4 of 19 (4,047 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I don't think anyone, not even the devs of xim truly know how many active users there are out there. the xim devs for example know how many they have sold. and they know how many of these devices are compatible with current Gen systems. but there are other companies including Sony who make their own devices that provide the same emulated control method. 

I do however feel comfortable saying the rate of use is higher than 5%  to 7%. it may very well be 5 to7 over all, but as I'm sure you know, it's all about current active use. I definitely feel comfortable saying the rate of active use has only ever increased. the rate of use per game is going to vary wildly. in pubg for example, the use of xim is going to be low. the use of xim in Rainbow 6 Siege is going to be extremely high. the use of xim in CS:GO is ZERO..

Again, I don't know actual numbers but I will tell you the man who created xim, when asked about the launch of xim in its first few days, he didn't give numbers, but he did imply several hundred thousand for just the frist couple of weeks. for a few months there they sold out of the xim Apex on days their online store was open  in less than ~30 minutes. you could only get one if you were paying attention to the forums for the time they decided to open the online store. some people even reported the store closing in as fast as 10 minutes. to be clear, when I say "sold out" I  don't mean they didn't have any more units. they just closed the store when they had sold enough to max out their shipping capacity, they didn't want someone to order one and not receive it within a reasonable time. on top of the sheer confidence they would not lose out to any other competitor just for not accepting everyone's order all at once. I believe their target was two weeks max wait time if I recall correctly. 

I dont even know about the other companies who make MnK emulators, they can't be doing too bad either. 

Message 5 of 19 (4,039 Views)

★★★ Expert

The problem with that comment is that Apex on console does NOT allow keyboard and mouse use.

Using a Xim is different than than native keyboard support. Xim's are cheat devices aimed at tricking consoles into thinking a controller is used.

It's a massive and unfair advantage, I dont understand how you fail to understand how the use of Xim ruins a shooter that DOES NOT allow keyboard and mouse input.

They are in every game on ps4, 4 out of 5 times my squad is wiped I find out they are mouse players when I decide to spectate their game.

Epic Games have begun clamping down on Xim users and banning them, it seems the folks at Epic Games are several steps ahead of the big game studio's no wonder that Fortnite is as successful as it is.

The people running that game understand how Xim players are ruining the game for everyone with a controller.

Message 6 of 19 (3,954 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

mouse and keyboard emulators are very much allowed.

it's not cheating. 

epic never has clamped down on any emulator use, and they have never banned anyone for it. please stop lying about that. I know what you read and the "games journalist" who wrote those articles base thier info on post off reddit where information isn't exactly in order all the time. if a single person got banned for using a perifial emulator it would be widely known within hours. it's just never happened. 

the likelihood of you even running into emulator user is actually very low despite my previous estimates. since then the makers of Xim have revealed if all their devices sold were used at the same time on Apex it would amount to less than 1% of players. that's not a small number mind you, and only their number, but you are not getting sqaud wiped by emulators constantly. that's just the nature of BR. there's only one wining team each game. 

as for it being a massive advantage: it's not, but if you wanna help them move units keep it up.  

Message 7 of 19 (3,940 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Trust me. A lot cares.

Message 8 of 19 (3,929 Views)

★★★ Pro
Because it's not a cheat and doesn't violate any ToS. Due to the fact that it operates within the restrictions of the game and the controller it's plugged into. XIM was very careful to follow the rules to keep players from being punished from using it. It's essentially personal preference along the lines of using a Elite/Scuff/Wolverine or Xbox Adaptive controller. If it was against ToS dont you think the people who stream Xim would have been punished a long time ago?
Message 9 of 19 (3,919 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

"It's not cheating because we hired good lawyers and because we designed our products with those same lawyers." 🙄

SCUF Vantage is licensed by Playstation. XIM isn't.

Message 10 of 19 (3,913 Views)