Re: Xbox one the cloud and game saves

by taxingpear94

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Xbox one the cloud and game saves

★★ Guide

Not exactly SW related, but I have beat the game. My old xbox one is having disc drive problems that are only getting worse. Upgraded to an xbox one s with 1 tb of hard drive space. 

Here is my question. Now that I am moving into an new xbox 1, I am trying to transfer my game saves between the two. I was told that I can only use the cloud to take my game saves with me. I did try to transfer my saves offline, but didn't work. I was told that was taken away from the gamers because of cheating. I would have to individually load my games into my old xbox and let them backup to the cloud. Then repeat the process on my new xbox to get them there. Is there a way to verify that the game saves are on the cloud? I don't have internet access at home and am trying to do this at work on breaks. 

Message 1 of 5 (1,389 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager
@taxingpear94 Gotcha, in that case you'll need to connect online and then launch the game as you initially described.
EACade

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (1,276 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
Hi @taxingpear94,

I don't know if you can verify what's in the cloud, you may need to reach out to Xbox Support on that one.

AFAIK as long as you have Xbox Live Gold while you were playing you should be backed up automatically.
EACade
Message 2 of 5 (1,328 Views)

★★ Guide
@EA_Cade But then it only backs up while i'm online, which I don't have internet access where I game. So almost all of my game time is spent offline.
Message 3 of 5 (1,287 Views)

Community Manager
@taxingpear94 Gotcha, in that case you'll need to connect online and then launch the game as you initially described.
EACade
Message 4 of 5 (1,277 Views)

★★ Guide
@EA_Cade I hoped that was the case, since that would be my last ditch effort.
Message 5 of 5 (1,263 Views)