Original Post

Re: Xbox Ultimate Game Pass and Ea Play

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry There are EA Desktop and EA Background Service
Message 21 of 47 (2,775 Views)

Community Manager

@solan0 

Thanks. Can you try clearing the cache and try the app recovery option as the user posted in this Reddit post?

https://www.reddit.com/r/origin/comments/mk6bbg/ea_desktop_xbox_gamepass_download_stuck_on/ 

Blueberry.png
Message 22 of 47 (2,768 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry Hi, thank You very much for Your help. I tried step 1 and step 2 ( the difficult one ) but still doesn't work. I'm trying to download The Sims 4. I click "download" button and nothing happen. I tried to check it with ~ 10 other EA Games with same app. ( EA Desktop ) and everything works perfect. There's problem only with this 1 game ... which I really, really want to download. Thank You in advance for Your other suggestions.
Message 23 of 47 (2,752 Views)

Community Manager

@solan0 

Do you know if The Sims 4 was installed under a different language/region?

Blueberry.png
Message 24 of 47 (2,729 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It was not installed at all because it's not able to download. That's The problem. Nevertheless my EA account was made for another region than microsofr account and I changed it. They are Both Polish now. 

Message 25 of 47 (2,719 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@IvanMatos04 thanks that worked
Message 26 of 47 (2,515 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry 

I have Game Pass Ultimate and I've been playing games with EA Desktop/EA Play with Game Pass on PC since the EA Desktop launch. Last week it stopped working, says "membership expired" as per attached file.

I recently changed my computer, not sure if that triggered something, but I turned the old one on again today and it also have the same message, membership expired, so it seems to be an account issue, not installation/computer/windows/software related.

I tried everyting, UAC, reinstall, uninstall + launch from Xbox, contacting support, and after lots of troubleshooting support said my EA Play subscription is inactive. EA Costumer Portal says differently tho, says it's active (EA Play with Xbox Game Pass). My Game Pass Ultimate subscription never expired, and it's active till september 2023. Support told me to try the forums, and here I am.

Is there anything to be done to check why my account is expired when it shouldn't?

Message 27 of 47 (2,500 Views)

Community Manager

@Yulash2 

When you visit the EA Play hub on Xbox are you able to access all the games there? Curious if it's only impacting your PC titles. 

You mentioned the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership doesn't expire until September 2023, did you confirm by checking your subscription history for your Microsoft account? 

Blueberry.png
Message 28 of 47 (2,484 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having a somewhat similar issue. Have been using EA Play via Xbox Game Pass for PC with no issues. Today went to download Knockout City and I get the error "Unable to Install - there was a slight hiccup and we couldn't finish installing Knockout City. Restart PC and try again." 

I have restarted my PC, uninstalled everything EA related and then re-installed it via the Xbox app, nothing works. I'm able to download other games, just not Knockout City. Any idea what I should do? 

Thanks.

Message 29 of 47 (2,474 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry
I don't own an Xbox console, I play on PC only. On PC's Xbox app, yes, I can access all games on EA Play Hub. When I click them, it correctly 'calls' EA Desktop, I can click the download button, accept the terms and then, same error as Kitten_Festival: Unable to Install, slight hiccup, so on.

Today I called MS support, they triple checked, all good on their end, they said both Game Pass and EA Play are active 'till September 2023 on their end.

EA Costumer Portal shows my EA Play as active; EA Desktop also shows my EA Play as active. Most individual games on EA Desktop shows "membership expired" tho, so it seems to be an issue on EA's end, something related to my membership.

I also contacted EA phone support today, they mentioned they've been getting similar issues the last few days, and it's under investigation. That my account will be mentioned, but they consider a "massive" problem so my account won't be treated individually. They also said my account shows as EA Play Inactive in their system...

Seems all I can do now is wait... please let me know if you find out anything else about this issue =)

Message 30 of 47 (2,449 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help