Xbox Rep and how it STILL makes this game unplayable

by RockScorpion384

Original Post

Xbox Rep and how it STILL makes this game unplayable

★★★★ Guide

2 years almost and this issue still hasnt been adressed. If you have bad reputation on xbox the matchmaker refuses to find you a game. It will infinitely search and just say ‘1 person in queue’. Can we please get a response from a dev as to why this hasn't been fixed yet? No other game has this feature turned on because it ruins peoples games so why is it still a thing for Apex. 

Message 1 of 16 (678 Views)

Re: Xbox Rep and how it STILL makes this game unplayable

★★★★ Guide
@RockScorpion384 Or at the very least can we get this thread visible so a dev can see it. I want to play but this stupid thing is stopping me.
Message 2 of 16 (676 Views)

★★★ Guide
@RockScorpion384 To be fair I don't want to play with someone with a bad reputation
Message 3 of 16 (638 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Nasher355

i mean
1. thats not really your choice
and
2. Xbox rep is an very easily exploitable feature. You can be given bad rep for playing non-meta legends if people report you for it. Its a petty and medieval system that shouldnt even be a thing to begin with but thats xbox i guess. It was designed to highlight bad and toxic individuals but ironically attracts those people to you. The amount of abuse ive been thrown because my rep is bad is not only more explicit than ive ever said but i get WAY more of it. The feature doesnt exist on any other platform so that in itself is enough evidence for the devs to stop supporting it. There is literally 0 reason for this to be in the game and the devs would lose nothing from removing it, especially when its currently only affecting 1/4 of its platform base
Message 4 of 16 (631 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@RockScorpion384 Attempt to 2 of asking for a fix for my issue. Will bump this post to the top until it does
Message 5 of 16 (571 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@RockScorpion384Its still a thing? I heard it was removed because its a bad idea. A coworker of mine once got earned a bad rep for merely being a Maestro main in Siege, and some got salty. 

Message 6 of 16 (534 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@BigBlackCaustic

Exactly. Its dumb. It has no meaning. You literally get false reported for everything and it all adds up and prevents me from playing Apex. I play Overwatch and playing off meta heroes is enough to get u abuse and reported. In Dead by daylight, just playing the killer at all gets you abuse and reported even though youre doing your job as the game is designed. Unfortunately we live in an age where whinging snowflakes either get their way or collectively come together and cancel whoever opposes them. Theres no other reason why such a poorly implemented system still exists other than to give these people power.

This needs to be highlighted for the devs to fix because its doing my head in. I spend my apex coins on the battle pass play 20-30 levels into it then get bad rep through playing other games and no longer can play apex. Waste of 1000 coins and unable to play a game i want to play.

PLEASE DEVS FIX THIS. No other game (to my knowledge) uses this to afflict matchmaking. I know that Overwatch used to have it but 2 years ago they removed it because players literally couldnt find games because of it. Apex needs to follow suit
Message 7 of 16 (515 Views)

★★★ Pro
@RockScorpion384 Yeah i know how toxic DBD is, i used to be a Trapper/Pig main, if anyone claims Apex is toxic hasn't seen * yet. I would also like the source to be addressed and Microsoft to remove it.
Message 8 of 16 (511 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@BigBlackCaustic Dont know how likely getting Microsoft to remove it is. But getting the devs to stop supporting it is one step forward
Message 9 of 16 (508 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

I can bring flag this, I've never even see this come up internally.

However,  to be honest it seems like the sort of thing that's unlikely to change at this stage, so it may be a case of needing to improve rep if that's where the blocker lies. If you haven't done so it's also worth testing with an alt account to rule out coincidental technical/network issues.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 10 of 16 (481 Views)