Re: Xbox PC Gamepass Achievements - EA App achievements

by MlecznyDuet

Original Post

Xbox PC Gamepass Achievements - EA App achievements

★ Guide

Hi there!

I made a post back in March 2021 (Ea Play games in the Xbox Gamepass (PC) should give players Xbox Achievements - Answer HQ) mentioning that a lot of Xbox PC Gamepass players wanted to win Achievements in the new EA Desktop App. It gained a lot of comments & upvotes but sadly nothing has been mentioned about it. 

I have been regularly checking the Trello board since then, & it has had a few technical updates, but nothing else. 

So please, the whole community is waiting for a simple answer on the subject regarding achievements in the EA App / PC Game Pass. We just wanna know if this will arrive or not, so just a "yes" or "no" question. 

Thanks & happy holidays for y'all, take care & keep up the good work! 

Message 1 of 18 (4,154 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same here. It's a shame we can't have Xbox Achievements Frown

Message 2 of 18 (3,863 Views)

★★★ Novice

Naturally I want to throw my name in the hat as well, though I urge anyone who participates in this thread to please remain civil. Nothing hurts your cause more than resorting to name-calling and firing blame in every direction.

That said, achievements are obviously a huge part of modern gaming and the omission for nearly two years with no official statements made is frankly absurd and needs to be addressed.

Message 3 of 18 (3,833 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I find it really ironic that the forums have achievements, but the PC launchers don’t 

Message 4 of 18 (3,802 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

"We got to work building a next-generation PC gaming platform — and we designed it from the ground up with your feedback in mind."
-EA Desktop Roadmap | Trello

Message 5 of 18 (3,794 Views)

★★ Novice

Just put EA games directly on the Xbox App like a normal publisher and let us earn our achievements in peace. Throw this whole EA Desktop thing in the trash.

Message 6 of 18 (3,764 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@SorokaYago wrote:

"We got to work building a next-generation PC gaming platform — and we designed it from the ground up with your feedback in mind."
-EA Desktop Roadmap | Trello

Seriously, I can't think of this sentence in any other way than corporate gibberish. I doubt the feedback was "yeah EA please implement limit-monthly-spending and limit-playtime functionalities, I'm such a game addict I need your platform to control this" lmao.

The fact that they thought of these as priorities and didn't even put achievements on the roadmap to this day says a lot about their idea of "next-generation PC gaming platform". Achievements have been the industry's standard for a long time already. I can't imagine a modern gaming platform not having them.

Here I wrote a more elaborate comment on this matter and other issues: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Feedback/Achievements/m-p/11155915/highlight/true#M906

EA's games will always have achievements because consoles de facto require them. And, apparently, EA favors consoles over PC. So not moving the system that already exists on Origin to EA app is just laziness imo. I can't believe they are able to make such an error by design.

The thing is however, on consoles all the platform features (including but not limited to achievements) are outsourced to XBL/PSN but on PC all this must be maintained domestically. Maybe it really doesn't calculate in excel or maybe EA's vision is just different from the standard defined by consoles since the third? generation (which is just incomprehensible for a simple gamer such as me). Maybe.

For now, this stops me from switching to the new app.

The current situation is: no achievements in EA app and no plan to introduce them (vide roadmap), Origin Points (this cool gamerscore-like solution) confirmed to be discontinued in the new app and no actual answer from EA on this matter. Doesn't look very optimistic for the next generation of PC gaming. At this point I'm surprised they even bothered to make a new app instead of fully switching to Steam lol.

Message 7 of 18 (3,718 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@GreatDaneGamerswell, Origin does have and does it better than any other PC platform – gamerscore-like points (not for older games though)
but you've got the point, very ironic

Message 8 of 18 (3,711 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I know it's been a while since this thread was started, but I wanted to say that this is still an important issue to a multitude of customers. Some people, like me, play games primarily with the goal of getting achievements. It is such a shame and wasted opportunity to see your massive library available through PC game pass have literally 0 value to such gamers. 

Message 9 of 18 (2,907 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@shaggytoph Glad to see you are still fighting for the achievements and I will comment on every single new topic if you need to start it over every other month on it. Unfortunately big corporations seems to have issues answering a just "yes" or "no" question.
Message 10 of 18 (2,847 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help