XP rewards are completely unbalanced...

by GingerCyclops

Original Post

Re: XP rewards are completely unbalanced...

★★ Pro

well hackers dont want to not kill and just sit around, and they dont want to dig out every person hiding in the sand over all parts of the map, so the most points should stay as it is. even more so if u ask me.

Message 11 of 19 (374 Views)

★ Novice

I mean, you do realize the game isn't asking you to PICK one or the other right? You're rewarded for surviving to the end and you can get extra for speeding up that ending. You don't get "more" for AFKing, you get less because you're not going for those bonuses.

Message 12 of 19 (362 Views)

★ Guide
Play to win and its a non issue, this is BR not DM.
Message 13 of 19 (354 Views)

★★★ Guide

@GingerCyclops wrote:
What? Survival games are about survival. BR games are battle royals... AKA fight to the death. And ALL of them focus on the "killing" more than anything else. Why are there so many guns, grenades, armor, attachments, airstrikes, etc. if the game isn't about killing?

WRONG!!!

Deathmatch or Teamdeathmatch is about fighting to the death.

Battle Royal has allways been about surviving to the end on every possible way, even you go the route of aggressively killing as many as you can... But still it doesn't change the fact that only one kill matters (sometimes you don't ecen have to kill a single person).

Fun fact:

Guess who allways wins in battle royal FILMS, where this genre took its inspiration from.... Not the aggressive guys, but allways the smart ones who hide a lot in the beginning and pick their fights.

Message 14 of 19 (332 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Like most people are saying, it's about survival not killing. You can win by just killing the last person even if that person has 20 kills...

Message 15 of 19 (319 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

To be honest I agree with your main point that XP rewards are completely out of balance. Respawn: remove outliers (cheaters and completely new players), take an average of how long it takes to get a kill across the general population and set the XP gained for a kill equal to the XP gained in the time it takes on average to get +1 kill. This would motivate people to play in the way that's most fun for them rather than choose the most efficient way of grinding XP. This would be perfectly balanced and fair for any play style, provided they have that data.

Then you started to complain and whine a little bit and said you sit in the centre of the circle AFK. That's where I lost respect for you. Why do you play the game? You don't need to "imagine" last days to get your Battle Pass levelled up when we are at Day 1 of the season!! You only play for fun and while rewards could be motivating and keep players in the game longer, it could also cause such weird, twisted mindsets of "I MUST EFFICIENTZ, I MUST GRIND PATH OF EXILE TIER 1 MAPS NON STOP AS THAT'S THE BEST VALUE PER SECONDZ". I don't even look at the damn XP bar.

Message 16 of 19 (312 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Since there is no competitive matchmaking yet where a win counts a lot towards your rank, surviving and winning the game has really got no meaning to me. I like to get my fix of a few wins in a session, but in general and especially after I get the wins, I just go ham and try to have the maximum fun possible, which for me means fighting all the time. If I get 6th-partied and go out on my shield with 10+ kills and 1.5k+ damage, that to me is a win compared to having 1 kill, 200 damage and the victory.

Hiding and avoiding fights is not rocket science and players who fight a lot could also do that, they just don't want to. And the player who wins with 1 kill might never last in the fights that the aggressive players choose. Plus you increase your skill and aim much quicker if you're constantly testing yourself against the donks.

Upon competitive matchmaking, I'll play the same way for the first 5-10 mins aggressively and stuff, but include a much more tactical and safe approach when e.g. less than 5-6 squads remain.

Message 17 of 19 (309 Views)

★★★★ Pro

You do realise there are deathmatch FPSers out there that would satisfy you more than a BR?

I cannot fathom why people pick Apex to play like another game then complain that it doesn't function like the other said games.

If you want non stop mindless killing and chaos, try Cod. Why are you here playing a BR?

Message 18 of 19 (281 Views)

Betreff: XP rewards are completely unbalanced...

★ Apprentice

XP....lol who cares?

Message 19 of 19 (277 Views)