Re: XBGP Ultimate and Origin

by copowah

Original Post

Accepted Solution

XBGP Ultimate and Origin

★★★ Novice

I thought I'd post here since EA's Customer Service hasn't been able to do anything. BEFORE YOU BUY XBOX GAME PASS ULTIMATE MAKE SURE YOU CHECK THE ACCOUNT THAT IS LINKED!!! I can't link my new Xbox Account because their policy changed and won't allow me to link a new account. I'm now locked out of the EA play section of my Gamepass because I had linked my (at the time 10 years ago) Xbox Account and I'm now having to pay the price. If anyone at EA could escalate this I would be ever so greatful! I bought games on my new Xbox Account and on my Origin account and I don't want to make a new Origin account just to play EA Play...

TLDR; I didn't realise that my Origin account was linked to my old Xbox Account and now I can't play EA Play with my Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription because of a new policy, so I have to make a new Origin account or hope the EA gods shine down upon me and allow me to link my new account and skirt their policy.

Message 1 of 6 (266 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @copowah you can find all the info related to linking and unlinking your accounts here: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/unlink-gaming-accounts-from-ea-account/

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (243 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @copowah you can find all the info related to linking and unlinking your accounts here: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/unlink-gaming-accounts-from-ea-account/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (244 Views)

★★★ Novice

Right I've already contacted EA support and they told me there was nothing they could do because of some new policy

Message 3 of 6 (211 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @copowah if our team advised you that they cannot assist then I'm sorry to say that there is nothing that we can do to change this on AHQ.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 6 (191 Views)

★★★ Novice

That's absolutely rediculous since it's a paid product....

Message 5 of 6 (185 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @copowah there is nothing more that we can do to assist with this issue on AHQ.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (169 Views)