X axis for roll please

by SandMartin

Original Post

X axis for roll please

★★★★★ Novice

In games like classic X-Wing and X-wing Alliance  series, the X axis was used for yaw, while in all aircrafts usually it was used for roll.

How will the X axis of the joystick work in a SW SQUADRONS?

And will the SQUADRONS fully support HOTAS with pedals and trackir?

Message 1 of 6 (810 Views)

Re: X axis for roll please

★★ Guide

Game is supporting HOTAS for PC and usually in every PC HOTAS controller you can program all axis as you like, game could also support custom controller layouts.

Message 2 of 6 (754 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@SandMartin I've been concerned about this too. It's actually a really big deal. We need X axis to be roll. Would make a world of difference in how Squadron fly. I'm not sure I can face up to X axis being yaw.
Message 3 of 6 (636 Views)

★★ Pro

Just wondering I have a PC Gaming Notebook and I also have a spare PS3 Controller. I use SCP Software to enable me to play King Of Fighters 2002 with my PS3 Controller for my Emulator. Can I use my PS3 Controller with SCP software to enable Controller play for SW Squadrons? Anyone else feel like using PC with PS3 Controller?

Message 4 of 6 (629 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@ReposterI don't think there will be many PC players using controllers unless they want their bottom handed to them. 

Message 5 of 6 (603 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

You can map roll to the X-axis

Here are screenshots of the two control schemes.

Note: Motive confirmed Roll and Throttle, on controller, is reversed in this image

Message 6 of 6 (541 Views)