Re: Wrongfully banned from Battlefield 2042

by RipGroove99

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Wrongfully banned from Battlefield 2042

★ Novice

Hi there!

I've been recently banned from Battlefield 2042 due to cheating on my main account. This ban occured on 05/Dec/21 5:44 PM UTC. I'm writing this from my second account because I cannot dispute anymore. I've sent three ban appeals including 3 Gameplay clips and tasks.csv with process_list.txt (Task manager processes that were running in the background while playing Battlefield 2042). To be honest they probably didn't even look at the files.

When I got a pop up from Origin saying "Your account has been disabled." I panicked. I didn't know what to do besides contacting EA support but apparently they denied all my ban appeals. I tried calling EA support but I would always get "We will inform the ToS team about this case" or something like that but still denied. I have pre-ordered the standard edition and started playing since the global game launch. I was automatically disconnected midgame and received that Origin notification bottom right corner. I don't know what to do anymore, I can't dispute / email them at all. I guess I'm blocked from contacting support permanently and my ban will never be reverted. Yes, I do know that writing here won't help me and there is no point but I just wanted it to get out there.

Processes that were running in the background while playing the game:
Discord
GeForce Experience
Lightshot
GXT 890 Keyboard Driver
Opera GX Browser (For music mostly)
Steam
Wallpaper Engine
Origin
Uplay
Core Temp
Easy Anti Cheat

Tunnel Bear (VPN but didn't use it.)

OBS Studio
Logitech Gaming Software

Message 1 of 9 (2,247 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team in relation to any ban @ThorWallz.

There is no other way to speak with the team and we are not able to assist with TOS issues on AHQ.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (2,027 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide

How much portal have you been playing, and have you be participating in portal farming?

Message 2 of 9 (2,217 Views)

★ Novice
@VBALL_MVP I have played portal at least five times. BF3 vs BFBC2 and Rush gamemode. Other than that, mostly breakthrough.
Message 3 of 9 (2,156 Views)

★★★ Guide

@ThorWallz wrote:
@VBALL_MVPI have played portal at least five times. BF3 vs BFBC2 and Rush gamemode. Other than that, mostly breakthrough.

Odd, well no clue then.  Sorry this happened, hopefully there is a way to reverse it.

Message 4 of 9 (2,144 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I'm not so sure this whole notion that EA are catching up with Portal bot farmers is true because it wouldn't make sense. The game released on day one with the ability to set bots to low hp and the playerbase was told that the game is good to go as is and all progression in Portal is enabled and fair game. There were no warnings anywhere about not farming so IMO they would be completely in the wrong for banning people after the fact due to mistakes that were made on their part when releasing the game. 

You can't release game, then change your mind out how you want people to play it and ban people who played it within its advertised parameters on day one.

I think these random bans must be something to do with either the anti cheat not being set up properly and seeing Portal as cheating for some weird reason or its wrongly detecting legit software as cheat software. Either way it's totally disgusting that DICE haven't fixed it and that EA are just ignoring people who have been banned unfairly. 

IMO when they ban you they should take it quite seriously and provide evidence of why they did it, like some kind of log file that says you were using a certain software that was clearly marked as bannable at the point of sale because at the end of the day people have paid real world money for this game only to be kicked off with no explanation and no real appeal process which is tantamount to theft on EA's part. 

Imagine selling someone a car and then just taking it back off of them a few weeks later with no explanation as to why and not giving them a refund! I mean, what the hell. In any other industry this would kick up a massive stir. In this day and age you should be required to give evidence before essentially stealing something from someone. 

Message 5 of 9 (2,099 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I've played a few rounds of Portal in an empty server against bots myself (bots always set to full hp and on the hardest setting) mainly just to set up my controls, tube my settings and figure some stuff out about the game and I have a few bits of software running in the background like Discord, Geforce Experience, Razer Synapse, Afterburner, Rivatuner. Am I going to get banned next? I've had the same account for about 10+ years so if they ban me without providing evidence of why which confirms I was doing something against the rules then I'll take them to court, and win. 

I see people have setup headshot trainer servers in Portal which is pretty cool, the bots whiz about left and right in a kind of target range environment and the aim is to headshot them quickly. Will this result in bans?

I mean, isn't this EXACTLY Vwhat Portal was designed for in the first place? Like making your own scenarios.

Are we all supposed to avoid using Portal and/or any background software for social stuff and hardware peripherals and just tread on eggshells and only stick to the core AoW mode of the game?

This whole thing is just complete nonsense and the game just needs deleting and setting up again with the correct settings and some very clear guidelines on what settings in Portal will get you banned and what external software will get you banned. As it is no one really knows if/when they'll be banned and lose their account. 

Personally I'm staying away from 2042 until it's all been fixed, and if that never happens then, meh, who cares. 

Message 6 of 9 (2,085 Views)

★ Guide

They probably have data on everything people do on the servers including what programs are running in the background. And headshot bots or slaughtering them in droves will not get you banned, not even if you have 100% headshorts on these all the time, but if you do it by cheating, then you are done. Keep in mind that EAC is not a program of script kiddies like many of the cheats people download, so most likely you will not be banned until you have done something that is contrary to the agreement. But many insist on testing limits, because it worked before.

Message 7 of 9 (2,049 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@ThorWallz Dude did you not notice the large thread that was already created for this topic. come on guy.
Message 8 of 9 (2,039 Views)

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team in relation to any ban @ThorWallz.

There is no other way to speak with the team and we are not able to assist with TOS issues on AHQ.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 9 (2,028 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help