Re: Wrongfully Banned On Apex

by Palor0

Original Post

Wrongfully Banned On Apex

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So apparently EA thinks i was hacking on apex legends and banned me. No warning or anything. I just sign into the game and it automatically kicks me when i try to enter a game. I've had my account since before seaosn 1, i've put hundreds of dollars into it and I just recently got my heirloom. Few days later I'm banned. It took them over a week to answer my ticket because i was genuinely confused as to how i was banned since i never used cheats/hacks/3rd party apps.

So I was thinking hard about what it could have been and i'm thinking that apex flagged on of my 3rd party apps for Path of Exile that runs in the background as a hack of sorts and it banned me for it. Even though it can only interact with PoE. I opened a case and I feel like i got the usual no you're banned response from a bot. Is there any way i can get someone to manually review why i was banned?

Message 1 of 4 (164 Views)

★★ Guide

How to get Unbanned in Origins

For banned users you need evidence of your account being hacked, follow these steps.

1. Open Origin click origin top left
  2. EA help & billing
  3. Your EA data
  4. Request a download ( once file is ready download it), this could take an hour or so.
  5. Open the downloaded .json file with notepad
  6. Scroll all the way down to the bottom and find all your login information , there you will see if there were failed and successful attempts etc

Use the above information when opening a support ticket with EA as proof.

Hopefully this information would prevent future 'banned for no reason' threads as users can now read this and use it to create a case with EA and not try to get help/abuse in the forums.  

Good Luck.

Message 2 of 4 (157 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I feel like this is a bot reply? If not i'm sorry.

Like my post says, I wasn't hacked. I was wrongfully banned due to their anticheat flagging one of my other apps as a hack tool for the game.

Message 3 of 4 (139 Views)

[ Edited ]

It's not a bot reply. I will reply with a macro below because we see so many of these threads and my response is always the same, so the macro makes it a bit easier for me to reply with all of the correct information. I can't tell you how they will respond to the macro you had running, that will be for them to decide. 

Hey welcome to AHQ! Unfortunately AHQ (the forum) won't be able to do much for you on the ban. You will need to contact the EA TOS department, they are the only teams who can review bans and reverse them.

Please only submit 1 ticket, and wait for a response. I have heard they are receiving an unusually high number of appeals, so it might take a few weeks to get a response. They will respond it just takes time for them to review everything and respond.

If your initial appeal is denied, then you can submit a second appeal.

Keep an eye on your emails spam and junk folder, just to make sure you do not miss any communication from the EA TOS department.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 4 (134 Views)