Wrong currency charging

by herenyeager

Original Post

Highlighted

Wrong currency charging

★★★ Newbie

I purchased FIFA 2020 on 7th February 2020 from Pakistan. The cost is 3999 PKR which I paid by using a credit card. The receipt which I received was incorrect as its in INR but I purchased in PKR. And my bank charged me amount of 9015 PKR which is equivalent of 3999 INR. I tried to verify that it could be a mistake from my side by creating a new account and checking if the price is 3999PKR or 3999INR and apparently I am not wrong. The price shown is 3999 PKR but is charged in INR but with the same amount. I have tried EA Help chat but he keeps on sending me the same receipt in INR over and over again but also he accepts the system is designed in this way and there is nothing he can do to resolve my issue of receipt in correct currency which should be in PKR.  

I have attached my chat transcript with the guy I talked to on EA Chat
I have attached the receipt in INR
I have also attached a screenshot of my main account which is showing Rs.3999 and cross on it after 50% discount but can clearly be seen that its in Rs/PKR not INR.

EA chat guy asked me to post in the forum so I did.

Message 1 of 4 (946 Views)

Re: Wrong currency charging

Community Manager

Hey @herenyeager the best thing to do is to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (874 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello!

This problem still remains unattended, I don`t remember having this problem years before , it was always in PKR.

What EA app is doing now in Pakistan is that the store shows you Price in Rs. which naturally tells us its in PKR, But when we make the purchase it deducts as INR. which is triple the amount + Insane Tax/fee deduction.

However this was never the case when I used Origin before, I was always charged in PKR and not in INR. it doesn`t make sense to charge INR at all, the billing team needs to look at this problem and provide us with the solution. Because as it is, there`s no way anyone can purchase content from EA APP in Pakistan. And considering that this was never the problem before, it must be addressed and fixed.

Thank You!

Message 3 of 4 (747 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @heathscliff we will pass this on to the team.

If your region doesn't have its own storefront it will default to the nearest one that does.

I'm going to lock this thread now as it is a number if years. 

If you have more feedback please make a new thread.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (724 Views)