Wrong Spectate?

by Daze623

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Wrong Spectate?

★ Expert

I don't know if it's a bug or a feature where after your squad gets wiped instead of spectating the squad that killed you, you end up spectating an entirely different squad. This doesn't happen that often but it happened enough for me to start noticing it. The squad that wiped us was definitely not dead so I'm confused on why it's sending us to spectate a different squad.

Message 1 of 11 (1,632 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Wrong Spectate?

@Daze623 So what has happened, the person who killed you was eliminated. They likely died right as you did.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (1,608 Views)

All Replies

@Daze623 So what has happened, the person who killed you was eliminated. They likely died right as you did.

Message 2 of 11 (1,609 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Daze623 I have noticed the same thing. The squad was definitely alive and well. However it happens only in very few of the games.
Message 3 of 11 (1,591 Views)

Champion

Yup, basically what darth said. It will keep cycling through squads as the ones you spectate die until the game ends.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 11 (1,559 Views)

@BaldWraithSimp It might seem like that, I used to think that and scratch my head. But what happens, you get into a fight and they die to the storm or something along those lines. The game sends you to some random team to spectate which is often in a different area of the map. There was one instance in which we got eliminated by a third partying duo. The duo was killed by a 4th party as we were going through the death screens. Their third was on the other side of the map. It went straight to their third to spectate, it seemed unusual at first. But when I looked at the solo players team mates it all mad sense as both were dead.

Message 5 of 11 (1,550 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DarthValtrex We are talking about two different scenarios here. The team definitely wasn't dead on the Elim screen. This is a bug and it isn't because that team died. Next time I will make sure to record it and then post it here(if it happens again).
Message 6 of 11 (1,514 Views)

★ Expert
@DarthValtrex No I'm sure they were alive. First time I noticed this was when I got killed by a suspicious player there was no third party and we were inside the safezone so I wanted to spectate him to see if that person was cheating or not but instead I ended up spectating a different team. The second time which happened a while ago. Me and my team were sandwiched between two teams our squad got wiped and instead of spectating the player that killed me I ended up spectating a different team. I know that the player that killed me was still alive because both teams were both gunning for our squad and when I died they were still fighting.
Message 7 of 11 (1,498 Views)

[ Edited ]

@BaldWraithSimpYou might be right and I would be interested to see the clip! Tag me in the post of bump this one once ya got it.

@Daze623 if it happens again can you get a clip of it for us? I have suspected this on rare occasions. How ever I’m fairly confident they died. You might be right though.  When you get the clip can you cycle through the kill page so we can see who got the kill shot? I’d be curious to see the kill feed and everything. 

Message 8 of 11 (1,497 Views)

Hero
@DarthValtrex No ive reported this one myself the team who would slay me would fully be alive and it placed me on other side of map spectating someone else out of no where.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 9 of 11 (1,471 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This just happened to me twice in a row 

Message 10 of 11 (840 Views)