Wraith passive buff idea

by Pri0rityGaming1

Original Post

Wraith passive buff idea

★ Guide

With octane taking over the old role that wraith held for a long time as the team’s movement, as well as octane being a big reason for the 3rd party meta, I came up with an idea that might shift some teams to possibly shift from octane and introduce a buff for her that would even offer a chance to counter the octane meta.

My idea is to introduce new “warning from the void” quips to let you know that when you’re fighting, another squad is about to enter the fight. “Somebody is aiming at you” won’t work because you’re already in a fight with someone, so I’m thinking add something like “another squad is aiming at you” or “a new team is approaching, get out of there!” or something like that. It doesn’t have to be restricted to only if another squad aims at you. Maybe within a radius of say 75m—similar to crypto’s drone giving intel of how many squads are in drone range—wraith will give you a little bit of a warning that you’re about to be 3rd partied and could give you the heads up you need to get out of the fight or adjust positions before it becomes a problem.

Let me know what you think about this idea! Is it good for wraith, too strong, will it not work, could something be better? I love this idea for wraith’s kit, hope somebody sees this! Standard smile

Message 1 of 12 (483 Views)

Re: Wraith passive buff idea

★★★★ Expert
@Pri0rityGaming1 I love it, nice one mate.
it will be very efficient and very useful without affecting the active abilities and maybe risking making wraith OP again if she is touched.
a little bit of more information is harmless, I really hope they implement it and the nice thing about it is that it's easy to do it with a very small patch and a couple of voice lines.
the radius of 75 meters is just perfect, can give enough time to reposition and not too far to be OP

Message 2 of 12 (473 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
If Seer’s passive is still this OP, Wraith passive definitely needs a little buff like this. Great ideas overall!
Message 3 of 12 (467 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Let me grapple my downed teammates as Pathfinder, it will be a very situational passive ;-;

Message 4 of 12 (417 Views)

Champion
@Pri0rityGaming1 I like this idea. Tho wraith did have her place in the sun for a long time.
Message 5 of 12 (408 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Pri0rityGaming1 That's a brilliant idea.

- DR

Message 6 of 12 (373 Views)

Champion
@Pri0rityGaming1 I like the idea for Wraith, but aren't there already "3rd party" warning quips that are built in for all legends? I can't speak to how reliable they currently are, but I hear my character call out encroaching 3rd parties on a daily basis. There are plenty of times where it either doesn't give a warning, or I am so engaged in my current fight that I fail to notice it, so having a passive like this for Wraith could be a good idea. Especially if it's actually reliable! Hopefully they would include some voice lines for 4th-9th party too? Lmfao

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 7 of 12 (355 Views)

Champion
@dSKyNafinchin You only get the warning if you get hurt tho. Wraith gets a warning if someone looks at her.
Message 8 of 12 (350 Views)

★★★ Pro

@hayhor I've wondered how that works.  I always assumed Wraith gets tipped off if someone is ADS at her.

Message 9 of 12 (344 Views)

Champion
@hayhor Ohhhhh, that makes sense! I wasn't sure how it worked, but that definitely would explain why it's a pretty spotty feature. Definitely better than nothing, but yea, I'm even more on board with @Pri0rityGaming1 's idea now. Wraith would be the perfect fit for this feature!

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 10 of 12 (343 Views)