Re: Wraith needs a buff.

by BabeGrenade

Original Post

Wraith needs a buff.

★★★ Newbie

Wraith's tactical ability, Into the Void, is essentially Phase Shift from Titanfall 2. When someone used phase shift, you were freaking out because there was no way to know where they went. However, Wraith has this convenient trail that tells you where she is, making it a weak ability. I'm not saying get rid of it, but dim it down a little or make it visible only in certain conditions like low light. 

Message 1 of 20 (1,671 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Well thats acctually not a bad buff idea. But she already have one of the better, powerful "Q" skill in all legends considered.

Message 2 of 20 (1,662 Views)

★★ Guide

Well everybody mains wraith, if you give her a buff people might rage quit if they can't play as her.

Message 3 of 20 (1,655 Views)

★★ Apprentice

to be fair none of the characters have overpowering abilities hence why the roster is fairly balanced. So far the only issue I've seen is that smoke lasts too long.

Message 4 of 20 (1,646 Views)

★★ Guide

@K1ller7-666 wrote:

to be fair none of the characters have overpowering abilities hence why the roster is fairly balanced. So far the only issue I've seen is that smoke lasts too long.

Smoke is very situational, in a novice's hands it might blind your own team instead of the enemies.

Message 5 of 20 (1,642 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Wraith and powerful Q? Dude u use it to run away/dont get a dmg, what u get for it? people just follow u coz they see your shadow and they kill u with low hp. Oh sorry even when u are high u have the disadvantage that when u are in your Q you dont see the enemies but enemies see you so they now exactly where u will be, not like me playing wraith i have just to look first around and find the freaking enemy...

Not only, other characters have just good ultimate. Like invisibility or idk, in my opinion her abilty is not as good as others.. Ok Teleport for your team is good, but enemy can just follow u too. They should add more speed or damage reduction while using it or just that the enemies cant go in your * teleport....

thanks
Message 6 of 20 (1,626 Views)

★★ Guide

@Briges1291 wrote:

Wraith's tactical ability, Into the Void, is essentially Phase Shift from Titanfall 2. When someone used phase shift, you were freaking out because there was no way to know where they went. However, Wraith has this convenient trail that tells you where she is, making it a weak ability. I'm not saying get rid of it, but dim it down a little or make it visible only in certain conditions like low light. 

Funny how all the top players with 2,000 kills etc always show as wraith when loading in to a match. Wraith is fine as is.. 

Message 7 of 20 (1,598 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I feel she is fine as she is.  You get a chance to reposition and avoid ALL damage.  How anyone could say that being invincible is a weak ability is beyond my scope of knowledge.

If Wraith mains had it their way they would want no trail at all, faster movement speed, and the ability to see enemies while phasing.  Hell, just let them have access to their weapons during the phase while you're at it.

While we're at it, why does Wraith have to run somewhere to set portals?  Just let her shoot her portal like the portal gun!

You know what, just let her teleport behind you at any moment and stab you with her knife!

I seriously hope Respawn ignores these nerf/buff ideas I've been seeing.  'Balance' means leveling out risk and reward and providing ample counter-play.  The game is designed around gun-play with abilities to assist in zoning and pushing, etc.  It is sounding like people want the game to be designed around abilities with gun-play as a secondary factor. 

Message 8 of 20 (1,534 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Y loba ella puede salí r y no ser detectada ni perseguida

Message 9 of 20 (1,166 Views)

As someone who used wraith a lot before a few weeks ago and started using her again last week, I have to admit she is in a good place right now. I was thinking she was nerfed too much but after playing with her and against her over the last week, I think she is just right. 

Message 10 of 20 (1,118 Views)