Re: Wraith and Lifeline Nerfs + Mirage Buff incoming

by R_mechanicaL

Original Post

Wraith and Lifeline Nerfs + Mirage Buff incoming

★★ Novice
Message 1 of 16 (1,332 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Not sure what nerf is needed for Lifeline tbh. Mirage needs a buff though I'm hoping it will make him playable just like the Caustic buff. I'm excited!
Message 2 of 16 (1,303 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Agreed, i don't think wraith and Lifeline needs a nerf. Mirage buff is nice.

Message 3 of 16 (1,284 Views)

★★ Guide

Trying to give a 'gentle' nerf to two of your characters that establish the baseline for Apex isn't intelligent.

Yes, gib and caustic are inferior picks but that's solely the result of respawns character design choices. They're massive. Get close with a shottie and you probably won't miss a single pellet from any given shot. Over adjust your sights and you're still probably gonna clip them with that sniper. Nerfing lifeline or wraith can't fix that.

Additionally, on what metric have they concluded that gib and caustic have inferior winrates--post or pre-patch 1.1.1? Cause right now gib and caustic were nerfed by their fortified passive which, instead of reducing incoming damage by 10%, now deals 10% of incoming damage directly to their HP through their body shields. Because it should be glaringly obvious to anybody why they would have lower pick and winrates given these facts.

Message 4 of 16 (1,262 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@xTomboyRespecter 

Wraith and lifeline are two of the top three legends I think you need to google baseline because you are not using the word properly 

Message 5 of 16 (1,250 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@neillkorey 

Nah, I'm using it exactly as I meant to use it but thanks. My points remain the same.

Message 6 of 16 (1,227 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@xTomboyRespecter 

well if wraith and lifeline are baseline according to you everyone other than pathfinder needs a buff to catch up to baseline

Message 7 of 16 (1,202 Views)

★★ Guide
@neillkorey 

you're finally managing to catch on; but, once again, you're not correct.

The only characters that seem to need buffs to be better picks would be caustic and gibraltar. Although to get back to my original point, the Fortified 'buff' that those two both received in 1.1.1 was actually a nerf which has been doing 10% of incoming dmg directly to HP through shields. So there's no real reason to just assume that they would even need more than what they have as opposed to just giving them what they should (i.e. Flat 10% dmg reduction). Maybe players should spend more time trying to gitgud than whining that two baseline characters are too strong simply because they have NO AIM.
Oh wow, wraith gets reminded of what all FPS players should already know 'dey sees u, bettur move :D'. She can remove herself from battle while incapable of performing any action and can still be traced, and she can leave a convenient backdoor for anybody to walk up behind and gank her squad.

Oh but w8, lifeline STROOOONKEST too right? She's gonna wreck you with that healing drone and revive shield that you can walk straight through which she can only have while shes vulnerable reviving a squadmate. No, she'll call in a carepackage on your titan and destroy it--oh wait, wrong game; she'll get a purple helmet or armor--GG might as well go back to menu, 2STRONGK.... and don't even get me started on how unfair it is to race a lifeline in a 'who can use the most healing items the fastest' contest. Definitely needs a nerf. Definitely not a lack of skill.

Message 8 of 16 (1,181 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@xTomboyRespecter 

Git Gud lol win 30 percent of games with between a 2 and 3 kills per game depending on legend but your right I am bad 

now can you put you e pen away and admit pathfinder wraith and lifeline are in a class of there own if you truly believe every legend is equal other than gilbrator and caustic you either don’t know how to properly use the top tier legends or we are playing a different game

and proof that you don’t know what you are talking about what makes lifeline top tier is quick healing 

Message 9 of 16 (1,168 Views)

★★ Guide

@neillkorey wrote:

@xTomboyRespecter 

Git Gud lol win 30 percent of games with between a 2 and 3 kills per game depending on legend but your right I am bad 

now can you put you e pen away and admit pathfinder wraith and lifeline are in a class of there own if you truly believe every legend is equal other than gilbrator and caustic you either don’t know how to properly use the top tier legends or we are playing a different game

and proof that you don’t know what you are talking about what makes lifeline top tier is quick healing 

Yeah, it seems you're taking this personally since you seem to think I'm talking about you specifically. Sadly, I wasn't/am not.

As far as whether we're playing the same game, probably not; because, bugs not withstanding, I don't struggle against any character in particular. Though I do notice a significantly higher level of ease when engaging Gibraltar or caustic. Which is why I think they deserve to have fortified start working as intended. Anybody else though? Nope, no problems-- and I've never died to a lifeline because she used a syringe.

Of course I don't always win engagements against any given legend but I'm usually out-skilled or out of luck when it happens....

They can do what they like to wraith or lifeline. Make them stand up straighter (as if lifeline doesn't already) or shorten the duration of their abilities; it won't matter. They're just smaller and no level of reasoning with a scrub can convince them they've lost to either of these characters because of inferior skill, or bad luck; no, there's always gotta be something wrong with the game/character/abilities.

Message 10 of 16 (1,153 Views)