Re: Wraith - Suggestions / Thoughts

by Allen_Booth

Original Post

Wraith - Suggestions / Thoughts

★★★ Apprentice

Out of all the current legends my favorite layout and personality is Wraith. (Hope to see a lot more unique skins for her.  Like Demon / Angel skins and of the sort) 

However I feel her skill set is somewhat of a let down.  Due to the fact her basic ability doesn't last the long, leaves you blind as to where enemies are, and doesn't activate fast enough to prevent you from getting flanked even with the voice unless you just auto use it once the passive activates.   The ULTIMATE ABILITY, to me,  is massively disappointing.   Not only is there minimal practical use it has to be extremely organized to be utilized with your team it's hands down inferior to path finders zipline in terms of getting around the map. 

Here some thoughts I think would make Wraith an all around more feasible and unique character.  

1.  Basic Ability - Her basic ability lasts slightly longer. (like literally 1-3 seconds more) Activates slightly faster and lastly you can see enemies outlines while still in the "other realm".  This could be countered by another wraith and/or give bloodhound the ability to locate her while in this mode due to the buffs.  

2.   Ultimate Ability - I have a few suggestions to help improve this or make it more unique.  The first one is that she also enters the "other realm" and cannot be seen while she is using her ultimate unless caught by bloodhound or seen by another wraith in their ultimate. In addition allow her to aim and place the portal up to a certain distance instead of directly where she is so she can have more unique possibilities with teleporting.      

Secondly, the other idea to this, (Because she's meant to be a damage based champion) completely rework it to be a damage based attack of some kind.   Such as: When she uses her ultimate it could open a portal that shoots out homing "skulls" that attack nearby enemies.   

I'm curious to see other suggestion and improvements, but to me I think the idea of the character has a  lot of potential, but right is just really basic and not unique enough.   The idea of having powers from "the void" are really cool to me.  So I hope they go deeper into that area that make her skills unique around that.   

Message 1 of 6 (287 Views)

★ Guide

She is a great catalyst for engagements. 
I am noticing teamwork in this game becoming more and more important as I get better. Had a squad wipe us recently where Wraith placed teleporter to get her team right outside our building, then they used the 'see-through'everything' ability and Caustic begans trapping us indoors. Was a sick play on their part. 

Message 2 of 6 (283 Views)

★★★★ Novice
She is top tier as she is. I don't think you are using her right.
Message 3 of 6 (277 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

She's an okay legend. Asserting your own assumptions about players doesn't continue the discussion or provide any feedback.

As I stated these are things I would like to see to enhance this characters particular layout/skill set. 

Message 4 of 6 (260 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Yes. IF you have a team that's willing to use your portals then it can be a great feature, but it's just not that convenient of an ability if the players take no consideration of the potential plays. I just don't think a "damage" based player should have a support ultimate ability.
Message 5 of 6 (256 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Message 6 of 6 (206 Views)