Re: Wraith Portal Glitch Fixed?

by Wingmannedbro

Original Post

Wraith Portal Glitch Fixed?

★★★ Expert

I can't do it anymore on PS4 since last update.

When I try I will still see the hand animations being cancelled after I phase while vaulting over a rock, but after I deplete the energy and set the portal, the cooldown resets to 0% as intended.

Any PC players who can confirm?

Also surprised about the silence on forums, people never wanna acknowledge fixes it seems.

Message 1 of 7 (927 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Wingmannedbro 

Funny saying mnk players need to be banned but you just admitted you use to use the wraith bug and don’t think you are just as bad that’s cute 

your psn needs to be banned

Message 2 of 7 (894 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Expert

@neillkorey wrote:

@Wingmannedbro 

Funny saying mnk players need to be banned but you just admitted you use to use the wraith bug and don’t think you are just as bad that’s cute 

your psn needs to be banned

It's cute that you think that In-game glitches are comparable to using 3rd party hardware that tricks the console into thinking a controller is used is the same thing.

Besides, I never used the wraith portal glitch in any actual combat scenario, my friend said it was patched, and I tried it to confirm.

Only an idiot would waste their tactical for a useless 2nd portal in combat, it helps the enemy, not your squad.

Message 3 of 7 (880 Views)

★ Guide
I'm not a wraith main but my buddy said he couldn't do it anymore. I don't know why you're downplaying it though. It gave the wraith a pretty good speed boost when traversing the map and it definitely helped when wraith was paired with legends with no mobility options. Also the ult always being ready to be used due to the exploit was pretty cheap.
Message 4 of 7 (855 Views)

★★★ Expert

@NNeil6991 wrote:
I'm not a wraith main but my buddy said he couldn't do it anymore. I don't know why you're downplaying it though. It gave the wraith a pretty good speed boost when traversing the map and it definitely helped when wraith was paired with legends with no mobility options. Also the ult always being ready to be used due to the exploit was pretty cheap.

That's the point, there was no actual combat use for it, since squandering your tactical was straight up dumb.

Getting from Airbase to the Pit in a few less seconds is certainly not game changing.

That could be accomplished by running a good line. And it's still way slower than using a balloon.

Message 5 of 7 (830 Views)

★ Novice

Everybody keeps saying the glitch wasn't combat effective you would be so far incorrect I am a wraith main and I won't deny if you can get the portal down and jump over again and basically make it so you will have another ultimate you can guarantee you will out play people because one 30%more speed meaning you will slide farther and strafe faster second you can put a port down right after go threw it in mid combat and make another port for quick escape PS you can heal when you are in ultimate during setting a portal so think about it your chasing I'm healing your waiting for my portal to finish I go on a building and set it off the side guess what your dead 😂 iv go high ground and full health while u have low ground and low health point I loved it but it was op.

Message 6 of 7 (766 Views)

★★★ Expert

@necrosisbroseph wrote:

Everybody keeps saying the glitch wasn't combat effective you would be so far incorrect I am a wraith main and I won't deny if you can get the portal down and jump over again and basically make it so you will have another ultimate you can guarantee you will out play people because one 30%more speed meaning you will slide farther and strafe faster second you can put a port down right after go threw it in mid combat and make another port for quick escape PS you can heal when you are in ultimate during setting a portal so think about it your chasing I'm healing your waiting for my portal to finish I go on a building and set it off the side guess what your dead 😂 iv go high ground and full health while u have low ground and low health point I loved it but it was op.

No because I would lazer you with an R-301 while you try running. Your extra movement speed is completely negligible when i'm tracking you with a strong ranged weapon.

And if you do get away, i'd never be dumb enough to take your portal in pursuit, Instead, i'll butcher your squad mates instead and put you in a lot more trouble all together.

Maybe you jebaited some noob every now and then, that doesn't make it a high Impact exploit. The fact of the matter is that the most pro players out there, including those who main Wraith, such as Dizzy, and Aceu from e-sports organization NRG literally never made use of double portals in any combat situation ever.

If they deemed it not only useless but harmful you should probably not question their expertise. Dizzy explicitly stated on stream in response to a commenter on stream that you'd only get yourself killed trying to do some portal stunt instead of just outplaying your enemy in the gun-fight.

Message 7 of 7 (762 Views)