Re: Wraith Kunai sound

by Wingmannedbro

Original Post

Wraith Kunai sound

★★★ Expert

I did it bro's

I talked myself into dumping 400 euro worth of loot ticks to get to Kunai heirloom by convincing myself i'd never sit on that new chair I would have bought otherwise.

The spinning animation and sound, is very satisfying. 

Needless to say, i'm actually bummed out the blade's sound effect is so so soft now. I WANT to hear it after spending a ridiculous amount of money.

Can the sound of the heirloom please be an opt-in feature, as in players can choose to "melee weapon sound" on and off in audio settings tab, and also adjust volume.

I'm using high end headphones with personalised EQ settings for crisp and high quality sound, so the sound of the Kunai is not bothersome to me at all (especially considering the footstep sound amplification implemented at the same time)

I didn't bankroll 7 freeloaders only to have the heirloom's sound get squelched.

Please respawn!  Pleaseeeeeee.

Message 1 of 4 (376 Views)

Champion (Retired)

They do actually say in the patch notes that if the sound of the Kunai is still "bothersome" that they would remove it later. So perhaps the sound as it is now is a good compromise.

"Lowered the volume of Wraith's ambient kunai knife sound for those who are sensitive to the sound. If it is still bothersome we will remove it in a later patch."

Source.

Message 2 of 4 (344 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Right I want the sound to stay, I'm upset they lowered it. It was fine get a better headset. Good headsets don't let's this background noise affect the footsteps. But respawn does not listen so they probably are dyslexic..

Message 3 of 4 (343 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Expert

@warslag wrote:

They do actually say in the patch notes that if the sound of the Kunai is still "bothersome" that they would remove it later. So perhaps the sound as it is now is a good compromise.

"Lowered the volume of Wraith's ambient kunai knife sound for those who are sensitive to the sound. If it is still bothersome we will remove it in a later patch."

Source.

It's practically gone already, your own footsteps and ruffling foliage is loud enough to drown it out.

The heirloom sound being bothersome is kind of a non-complaint since your own footsteps obfuscate enemy sounds far more than the kunai does.

It really, REALLY blows many who spent a lot have to content with the desire of only a few people who don't want the sound.

Message 4 of 4 (299 Views)