Re: Would like to talk with a game developer..

by TTZ_Dipsy

Original Post

Would like to talk with a game developer..

★★★ Novice

Hi EA..

I would really like to talk with one of your game developers.. 

I have chatted with so many of your coworkers, and they couldn't do anything about the problems I layed out for them..

Seriously how hard can it be to make a actual anticheat? It's a problem in general but especially in Firestorm. 

It's been a problem since launch, and you haven't done anything. I preordered this game, and have talked with so many of your poor coworkers and they have just told me, what they have told what to say and nothing has been fixed?!

The hackers thrive in Firestorm, and destroys a already almost dead game mode, (Firestorm is a fantastic gamemode) but the hackers especially are the biggest problem, and not only that you desided to remove duos, even though theres not that many players in playing the mode.. And then there are the bad matchmaking, usually it takes med 2 - 3 times where the search hits the 5 mins mark which are the max, and still sometimes does not find any match.. YOU have to wait atleast 10 mins for a game, and then theres maybe only 4 enemies in game, or u are unlucky and encounter a hacker (whick is almost evere single game) and then u have to go out and wait minimum 10 mins again....

I told alot of your coworkers, for about a year ago, that you should have made Firestorm Free 2 play but no one listened, and look how many players Warzone got, and alot of the Firestorm players left for Warzone.. Im soo disappointed about your carelessness. 

I want you guys to fix these problems, and somehow get people back to the game, because Firestorm when u have a round without hackers is a really awesome experience.. And I want it to succeed!

-Please please Fix it!

Message 1 of 5 (594 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hey @thedevastatordk 

The team isn't really speaking anti-cheat on these forums anymore since it has sort of become an echo chamber; you might have better luck on the main forums but I'm sure you're aware that support has pretty much ended for Firestorm

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 5 (531 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Spoiler
And then there are the bad matchmaking, usually it takes med 2 - 3 times where the search hits the 5 mins mark which are the max, and still sometimes does not find any match.. YOU have to wait atleast 10 mins for a game, and then theres maybe only 4 enemies in game, or u are unlucky and encounter a hacker (whick is almost evere single game) and then u have to go out and wait minimum 10 mins again....

the players must join the lobby/hangar immediately, after pressing "start" in the bf5 firestorm UI in their closest server/region ! i bet a lot of players give up searching, because nothing happens after pressing "start" in the bf5 firestorm UI or the search stops after 5 minutes !

suggestion for the developers:

- open up a lobby/hangar in each region "on hold"

- after the player is pressing "start" in the bf5 firestorm UI, the player join immediately an open lobby/hangar in their closest server/region without waitingtime

- once 16 players are in the lobby/hangar, start the "3 minute counter"

Message 3 of 5 (501 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hello there, to iterate from my post here

Our work against cheating in Battlefield V will continue, too. The members of our anti-cheat team are working daily towards making the battlefield experience as free of foul play as possible. Discussing technical detail into our methods may unfortunately make cheating worse, but we want you to know that we’re constantly fighting the battle.

As a reminder, there are steps you can take to help us keep the fight fair. You can report suspected cheaters through the Origin overlay if you're playing on PC, or through your respective consoles if you're playing on Xbox One or PlayStation® 4. This walkthrough will show you how. Also, protect your EA Account so it won’t be compromised and used by cheaters. Here’s how it’s done.

With this update, we'd like to remind you to please report cheating through our official channels, instead of discussing or highlighting it via forums. This means going forward we'll close threads regarding cheating to ensure our dedicated teams can action the reports via the appropriate channels.

With that said I'm closing this topic. 

/Atic

Message 4 of 5 (489 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you for the reply..

Happy to hear your anti-cheat members are working hard to fix this, because this is the main problem with the game..

I hope they will get the holy grail of anti-cheat soon, so we might see more players in firestorm.

Message 5 of 5 (469 Views)