Re: Would a replay of your death help understand how you were downed?

by Redmattgame

Original Post

Would a replay of your death help understand how you were downed?

★★★ Guide

There’s soooo many times where I will rain bullets through someone’s head and yet I’ll still get downed after 2 bullets from a rifle with full health. The damage page after getting killed doesn’t tell me much in all honesty. 

I’ve seen videos of other people where they’ll hit someone with bullets yet no damage is rendered. If I could see the live action of how I was downed, I think that would be very helpful. Seeing the damage done per bullet on a live replay would be even more beneficial but that might be asking for too much right now given the other issues going on constantly.

Message 1 of 29 (522 Views)

★★ Pro

I've always been pretty dubious about hit box damage in the game where I've often hit enemies clean (centre of the target anyway) & yet no damage recorded.I fired both Seer's Tactical & Ultimate at enemies literally metres away & even though they are clearly in range of the micro-drones no damage or reveal at all.I've been downed by enemies using the wall hack but in all honesty would a replay show that I doubt it.A quick replay showing at least where the enemy is located (like COD) is a good idea in theory as it could possibly be used to report clear cheating & hacking but that's probably one of the reasons why Respawn will never introduce it.

Ideally I would like the game show the stats of the enemy/enemies I have finished off just to see the calibre of the opposition rather than only getting to see it once I have been downed so soon after I've killed someone.

Message 2 of 29 (506 Views)

Champion
@DaDeDimson Yes a kill cam like on COD would be nice but it would only be when you are boxed.
Message 3 of 29 (488 Views)

★★★ Guide
@hayhor What do you mean by boxed exactly?
Message 4 of 29 (465 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DaDeDimson Been and asked for this maybe 2 seasons ago.
Message 5 of 29 (450 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@DaDeDimson  this would probably ease some people's salt and reduce (probably not xD) false reports somewhat.

Hayhors referring to full death, aka deathboxed..

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 29 (441 Views)

★★★ Guide
@MandatoryIDtag Gotcha gotcha, yeah that’s what I mean, once you’re fully dead, or your whole squad rather.
Message 7 of 29 (433 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DaDeDimson That would be nice. I think someone already asked this to the devs a few seasons ago and they said that there are no plans for this as it would be taxing for the servers. I’ll look for the exact quote if I have the time.
Message 8 of 29 (430 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Cheese9Man Taxing for the servers 😂😂😂 good one!
Message 9 of 29 (401 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Cheese9Man 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ No no no
Message 10 of 29 (377 Views)