Re: Worst game ever

by DankToliet

Original Post

Worst game ever

★★★ Apprentice

have never played such a terrible game that consist of straight terrible team mates, terrible landing rng, terrible match making, terrible maps, so much more for hours and hours and HOURS ON END!! I can hardly get atleast 5 kills a game cause of how dog water the match making is. Just the absolute worst game ever! I take a break just to come back to the same non-sense. It’s like I either some how become god at the game or quit. Such a terrible game absolute 0/10 Whoever the devs are that think they are doing a good job needs a reality check

Message 1 of 11 (557 Views)

★★★ Pro
@KoolKid730 Someone else may also need a reality check if they expect to get 5 kills every game.
Message 2 of 11 (549 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@DankToliet

Read my mind here.

@KoolKid730

I'm not saying that matchmaking isn't bad, but it's always been bad. Not a new thing.

I'm not saying ground loot isn't bad, but it's been bad starting season 4 and getting worse with each new season. There comes a point when it's on you to understand this and alter your landing habits accordingly.

I'm with @DankToliet: if you're getting two or three kills a game, with or without a high placement then I'd say you have nothing to complain about. If you're getting four or five then I'd say the game still favors you over most players even if you subjectively feel you are entitled to more.

Message 3 of 11 (515 Views)

[ Edited ]

I beleive that once you've managed several games in a row with decent kills (like 5), the MM pushes you straight away into the real deal lobbies.  It can be quite jarring.  I play in what would appear to be medium-tier lobbies.  We frequently see a champion squad with noob-ish stats (not smurf-like stats, though) and we say "poor suckers must have a had a really good game in their beginner lobbies."  Sure enough, when they happen to be our team mates, they appear to be totally out of their depth.

Message 4 of 11 (499 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

You might want to rethink expecting 5+ kills a game.

Message 5 of 11 (467 Views)

[ Edited ]

@HappyHourSumwur Problem is, there is a legion of loud-mouths who tell everyone that if they don't have at least something like a 2+ KDR, they are worthless garbage players. Combined with getting nice kill numbers in beginner lobbies due to having good basic FPS skills, it provides unrealistic expectations.

Message 6 of 11 (458 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@pandareno1999 That's the truth.
Message 7 of 11 (437 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@pandareno1999I currently have a 2.07 kd, my typical experience is I'll play 5 or so games, getting 0-2 kills, then I'll have one amazing game and get 7+ kills. Then MMR says I had enough fun and I go back to 0-2 kills per game on average.

Message 8 of 11 (395 Views)

★ Expert
@KoolKid730 Damn sounds like you need to stop playing the game if you hate it that much
Message 9 of 11 (376 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@KoolKid730 

Plain complaining isn't very constructive, dive deeper into the issues, look at what should be changed, if you have a possible solution then add it to the post.

Do note your previous thread was closed for exactly this reason, unconstructive threads don't go anywhere, let's prevent that here.

What makes a teammate bad? And how can this be fixed by adjusting the matchmaker?

Are we talking about casual or competitive games, premades or full on solo teams?

Map loot is decided from the start, so you're just getting unlucky.

It's not calculating it at the point you land, it's already there.

Most spots have the loot tier already defined per season, as this is an attribute that sticks with the map itself, though variations occur to make it more fair.

This is not something that is "fixable" except for the part for adding high tier loot in every spawn place.

What sucks about matchmaking?

Should there be level locks, different MMR calculations?

Does it affect casual or ranked?

Is this apparent in all MMR categories, or only lower/higher ones?

What is bad about the maps?

Missing rotates, places to hide or possibly movement things like gravity cannons?

Broken places? missing assets, or other urgent issues?

Size could be the issue, or should we add more players into the large maps to make it more lively?

From what I'm hearing, it sounds like you're trying to shoulder it all on yourself, though are you trying to play properly with your team?

It's important to be constructive, empty complaints only show how big an issue is, though actually saying what's wrong and how it could be improved helps much more.

Message 10 of 11 (370 Views)