Worst Anti-Cheat Ever?

by HanSoloN

Original Post

Worst Anti-Cheat Ever?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I've been playing Star Wars Battlefront and Battlefield 4 for a while. Every one of four matches I play is guaranteed to have a cheater in it.

What the heck, EA? Don't have enough money to get a good anti-cheat software? Geez.

Message 1 of 2 (2,276 Views)

Re: Worst Anti-Cheat Ever?

No anti-cheat system is perfect. The Battlefield series used Punkbuster for quite a few titles and then switched to Punkbuster/Fairfight (BF4 has this one and so does Battlefront, BF Hardline and BF1). Thing is...the people that can't play a game for fun and they are doing it only for stats seem to find new ways to frag everyone else.

I gave up on online gaming because three reasons: toxic communities that are more obsessed with stats than with having a wee bit of fun, cheaters and poor reflexes (and with age those do not improve contrary to the opinions of the young peopleStandard smile)

BF4 is a 5 year old title and most of the FPS games have a two years, maybe three years support (that includes other popular series out there). After that, support is minimal, if any. No more updates or patches, which leaves the games open to those people that want to exploit the games.

In our days the persons that are developing the hacks seem to manage to break the anti-cheat measure really fast. I could name a few games from Ubi, Acti and EA that were fragged right from launch (EA usually managed to resist a few months, though).

There are very few anti-cheat systems out there and some are proprietary: Punkbuster, Valve Anti-Cheat (this is exclusive for Steam), GameGuard (nProtect - mostly used in MMO's), Warden (exclusive Blizzard) and Hackshield (used by NCSoft only).

As you can see...limited options. Most titles will go with Punkbuster or a combination of that (Punkbuster/FairFight). Nothing made by man can't be undone by another. There will always be that special dude that can't play fair and that will do anything to frag everyone else's fun. Sad, but true...

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 2 (2,258 Views)