Re: Worlds Edge needs to change!

by hayhor

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Marge010Well skulltown will be back next season so this problem will only worsen.

This is just the pubs mentality. You won’t see more than 4 squads in frag in high plat+ rank lobbies.

Message 11 of 21 (189 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Marge010Oh, don't get me wrong, I hate that half the lobby (if not more) hot-drops Frag. I just have no idea how Respawn can avoid that, since people will just migrate to the next popular spot. I feel that, even if they completely destroyed Frag like they did Skulltown, people will just converge elsewhere. In my lobbies on KC, everyone used to drop Skulltown, but the hot-drop seemed to migrate to Containment when they nuked it.

I genuinely have no idea how they could address the hot-drop issue, since it comes down to personal choice of the players. Any solution I can think of, would just cause people to migrate to another spot. I think hot-dropping, as annoying as it is, is just an unfortunate by-product of the BR genre, along with 3rd party deaths, Lol

As for the POI's, I'm cool with the current roster. For me, Refinement got better, and Sorting Factory broke even or slightly improved. My other two regular drops have been unchanged so far (please leave Lava Fissure and Thermal Station alone!!!!). I don't go to Frag, so I don't even worry about it.

@Cheese9Man  Your idea of adding drop ships, is probably the best suggestion I've seen yet. Not sure how much it would actually change, since the players are the issue, but this seems like a better idea than nuking POI's and whatnot

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 12 of 21 (186 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@dSKyNafinchinI also suggest thinking of why players hot drop in the first place. These hotdrop henry’s want instant fights. Adding team deathmatch into the game might quench their thirst for blood.

Another reason is how short queues are in apex. Even if they go back to the lobby, in just a few seconds, they’re  already loading into the next game. I suggest Respawn loosen up the matchmaking a bit so that people wait longer. Probably effect is that there will be less hotdropping and better MM results.

Or I could be wrong in all of these suggestions. Not defending hotdroppers, just looking for another solution that isn’t a temporary one like nuking POIs.

Message 13 of 21 (172 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I think I must be in different types of lobbies to you guys because this season is the worst I have ever seen this. People used to drop a lot at fragment but its so much worse this season. I honestly believe that every teammate I get tries to die as quickly as possible. By the time I drop and find a weapon, both my teammates have died and quit the game.

I have to play duos on worlds edge now because I can't fight a squad of 3 on my own. In duos I have a slightly better chance but I am tired of playing solo 9 out of 10 games on this map

Message 14 of 21 (168 Views)

Champion
@Cheese9Man I agree, they need to add some sort of DM, and bring back Control. Personally, I use Arena when I want to just get kills and work on fights, but I am not really a fan of Arena, and would prefer a different mode for that.

Also, definitely agree about the queue times. I would VERY HAPPILY wait a minute or two for more even randoms/enemies. I don't care about finding a match within seconds, when it is so out of balance.

On the added drop ships, I feel like this would be a step in the right direction. 60 players, so we'd have 20 in each ship (if 3 total ships). They could fly in 3 parallel paths spread across the map. This way, 2/3 of the lobby would be EXTREMELY late to the hot-drop, so they (in theory) would be much less inclined to attempt to land there. It could potentially spread out the lobby a good bit.

@Marge010 I honestly can't really speak to pubs, because I've only played 2 or 3 matches of non-ranked so far this season. Either way though, I'm not going to Frag. I don't care if all 59 other players drop there. I'm not doing it, Lol

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 15 of 21 (157 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@dSKyNafinchin I've quit so many games this season because of teammates dropping solo. It's not meant to be a solo game and I'm not good enough to play solo
Message 16 of 21 (152 Views)

Champion
@Cro_Pittt I disagree on the sorting factory having poor loot. I enjoyed that POI a lot more than the new one. The full removal without replacement at trainyard is a move that in unexplainable. Trainyard was a lot of fun.
Message 17 of 21 (149 Views)

Champion
@Cheese9Man The other maps have more spread out teams than WE. Yes, most like to drop early but it's still miles better than WE. Removing fragment will help the issue a lot. What they did at trainyard should have been what happened to fragment. They've reduced the loot in fragment to almost nothing but people still go there. I'll drop with those people but if i don't find a decent gun I quickly quit.

For me multiple drop ships still give the option to hot droppers that will still want to fly all the way to fragment, even if it means way late. And guess what, they still will do it. The real answer is either A) selectable spawns that limit the amount of teams in an area or B) fully random spawns putting a team in each POI.
Message 18 of 21 (147 Views)

Champion
@Marge010 I'm in lobbies where everyone has a trail. And almost all lead to fragment.
Message 19 of 21 (146 Views)

★★★ Expert

My mixed feelings on Fragment is I hate it, and pretty much there's always  places on every map that hot droppers are going to go.  On WE, we pretty much know all of what Fragment is about.  If it gets removed, somewhere else is going to become the new Fragment.  Skull Town proved that with KC

Message 20 of 21 (130 Views)