Re: Worlds Edge needs to change!

by Marge010

Original Post

Worlds Edge needs to change!

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

This map really needs to change with everyone landing at fragment. My teammates will drop solo if I don't drop at fragment. 

Making new areas on this map is not gonna fix the problem.

I honestly think that most of the recent changes to worlds edge have caused this problem when they brought in climatizer, lava siphon and landslide.

Nobody drops at climatizer or landslide and very few drop at lava siphon.

When we used to have refinery, sorting factory and train yard, plenty of people landed in these areas. Why did they get rid of these areas? They were really good parts of the map. I don't understand why they were removed? 

It's such a shame because I used to love this map but I'm struggling to like it now. 

Please bring back the old worlds edge map!

Message 1 of 21 (368 Views)

★ Expert

@Marge010 It was the right thing to do to remove Refinery and Train Yard. They had trash loot and most of the times you had nothing in your inventory. They replaced Refinery with Climatizer which is a far better POI, but they did not improve Train Yard which is a shame. As of sorting factory, you can like it or not but Lava Syphon is a POI just as good as it was before, even with better loot, and i've seen tons of teams drop there. WE is the best map, but ever since people saw Aceu doing his stuff everybody wanted to do the same, so can't really do anything about people not that intelligent lol.

Message 2 of 21 (351 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Cro_Pittt I never see anyone go to climatizer anymore. When refinery was there I regularly saw squads drop there. Yes there's more loot now but the layout feels awkward and less fun to me. Whenever I drop there (which is rare because my teammates usually drop solo at fragment) there's never any other squads nearby so we loot and then there's only 4 squads left by the time we're ready to fight.

Everyone has different opinions on the maps and for me worlds edge is nowhere near as fun as it used to be which is a real shame. I just miss the old maps
Message 3 of 21 (342 Views)

★ Expert

@Marge010 I think you answered yourself. "my teammates drop solo at fragment". Do you seriously believe people would actually stop doing that if refinery was still there? No because 80% of players watch some Aceu's videos and they think they can do the same thing. It will never change, and even if they remove fragment, then probably everyone will drop on Lava Syphon or something else.

Message 4 of 21 (313 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

If we remove fragment everyone will just switch to Lava Siphon. Wanting the old WE is worse since it was Capitol. Same goes with with SP pubs. People will drop to the nearest big POI that is either cascade falls, or even storm catcher. This problem can also be seen in Olympus where people will drop at power grid, fight night, or docks, the nearest POIs to the repeating drop ship.

I don’t see any solutions to this. We might be looking at the wrong root cause of the hotdropping problem. If I were Respawn, the problem might not be the map but we might need to change how we drop. I still suggest having 2 or 3 different drop ships to really spread the people across the map. 

Without these drop ship changes, this will forever be the culture of pubs. Just glad that we have rank where people really spread a lot in WE. This is a culture/mindset problem not a map problem. 

Message 5 of 21 (305 Views)

Champion
@Marge010 Lava Fissure, Lava Siphon, Thermal Station and Climatizer are the only places I drop on WE. Personally, Lava Siphon/Sorting Factory are about the same, but Climatizer is much better than the old Refinery for me.

Still wish they would have Fragment go the route of Skulltown. Doubt that would fix it though, because people would just start to hot-drop at the next "streamer" drop spot, like @Cro-Pittt mentioned. There is, unfortunately, a pretty sizable portion of the Apex community, that think they are the next Apex phenom, Lmao

Doesn't matter what map I am on (if solo-queueing), if I am not jump master, I immediately choose to drop solo. I'll ping a smart drop spot, so my randoms know where I'm going. If they want to hot-drop and die right away, so be it. I just use those matches to work on challenges.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 6 of 21 (301 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

The feeling I'm getting from people's responses is that you all like the current situation with worlds edge.

So do you think it should continue how it is with most players dropping at fragment? Or do you think some other change is needed and if so, what?

*edited*

I've just played 2 games on worlds edge and teammates in both games wanted to land at fragment and in both games we all died straight away. 

Why do you all find this fun? Because I sure don't. I wanna spend more than 30 seconds playing a game and I don't want to spend most of my time staring at the loading screens!

Message 7 of 21 (281 Views)

★★ Guide
@Cheese9Man I've always wanted multiple drop ships. Don't know why it isn't a thing already.
Message 8 of 21 (267 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Marge010Is hotdropping a problem only found in Worlds Edge? If not, the problem might be more complex. Should it continue? No but nuking Frag is just be a band aid solution. This is just the nature of pubs. People want in on the action fast with no regard to their lives because the queue times in this game is so short.

People will hotdrop in any map in pubs. In all 4 maps, 3/4 of the lobby will always drop in the first half of the map based on the drop ship route.

@Paneross Yeah this is the only possible solution I could think that Respawn can actually implement, by physical forcing the lobby apart. 

Message 9 of 21 (266 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Cheese9Man Personally I haven't seen it this bad since skull town. Yes there are hot drops in other maps but not like fragment. It's ridiculous
Message 10 of 21 (261 Views)