Won't let me buy Sims 4 game (online)

by te5sam

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Won't let me buy Sims 4 game (online)

★★★ Newbie

As you might know, there is a savings right now for The Sims 4. I've always wanted the game but I could never afford it, so I was really excited. Though when I put in my card it said that my card didn't work. I looked around on this site and saw that other people had the same problem. This is my first time buying an EA game online so I don't entirely know what I'm doing, and I don't feel comfortable saving my credit card on my account. Then I heard you could get Sims 4 from Amazon, but when I tried that it completely got rid of the savings and tried to have me buy it at full price. I'm trying to figure this all out, so if someone could explain to me how to do this that would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Message 1 of 8 (1,026 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Won't let me buy Sims 4 game (online)

Community Manager

Hey @te5sam if you received an error message when using your card then you need to ensure that the info you are entering is identical that stored by your bank and/or card issuer.

As for Amazon, we have no control over pricing on Amazon and as such offers on Origin may not be reflected there.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (968 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @te5sam if you received an error message when using your card then you need to ensure that the info you are entering is identical that stored by your bank and/or card issuer.

As for Amazon, we have no control over pricing on Amazon and as such offers on Origin may not be reflected there.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 8 (969 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko i also had this issue where it said my card could not be found although i did enter all my informations correctly, only EA charged me 1$, 5 separate times. I dont see how it can charge some fee even though it said my card could not be found when trying to purchase the game
Message 3 of 8 (913 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Ycote98 those $1 charges are most likely pre-authorisation charges. A pre-authorisation is a temporary hold on money in your account which is generally the balance of an item or service you have ordered. This is not a charge and the money does not leave your account, it is just the bank and service provider ensuring that the money is there to cover the order. If you look back over your invoices from your credit card company you will no doubt see that while a certain amount of money was earmarked it was never actually taken from the account. 

It may be worth speaking with your bank or card issuer to see what they can advise as if the pre-authorisation is processed but not the order then this could be a bank issue.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 8 (896 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I have bought the Sims 4 game earlier and my friend is now trying to buy the game, but apparently she can only buy it via the origin access and not the game itself. So instead of paying a single amount she should pay every month.

Could someone please post a link, where you can buy just the game without any subscription?

Thanks a lot!

Hanna

Message 5 of 8 (882 Views)

Community Manager
Message 6 of 8 (876 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko Thanks a lot!
Message 7 of 8 (858 Views)

Community Manager

Glad to be of help @lippner.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 8 (833 Views)