Won my first cross play game last night

by OldTreeCreeper

Original Post

Won my first cross play game last night

[ Edited ]

Yes indeed. Got 2 ps4 players along with me on xbox. It was an enjoyable game and I got kill leader with 6 kills. 

I did notice over the games I played last night that the joint ps4 games now seem a bit quicker than the sole xbox games used to be. Are the ps4 players more bloodthirsty, all going for early kills, rather than the tatically alert xboxers going for wins? Large smile

I also felt that the ambient sounds had been turned down in volume, or I could just be getting deafer, not a bad thing. 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 1 of 15 (478 Views)

Re: Won my first cross play game last night

Champion
@OldTreeCreeper New mode or normal?

I found that in the new mode the lobbies wiped themselves out faster than normal.
Message 2 of 15 (471 Views)

@hayhor it was just after the update , not sure about new/normal mode. 

Please note:
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 3 of 15 (462 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

You know what...you're right PS4 players are like hungry dogs out for kills and Xbox players seem more tactical!

There was one noticeable sound change. Ultimate Accelerant charging noise is much more quiet than before, more like a "hum" noise. Whether it is more quiet to opponents as well unsure.

Enabling crossplay means PS4 and Xbox players can play in same lobby.

If you have a PC team mate then you're put in a mixed PC,PS4,Xbox lobby.

But what if say a console player WANTED to actually to join a lobby that includes PC players without needing to find a PC friend to team up. So then they're possibly paired with PC players and PC opponents. That should be an option? It would decrease mixed lobby match making time even more.

Message 4 of 15 (441 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@PeterN_UK PC players won't want console players at all, I've dabbled in PC and the averege player is way better (or cheating) than Xbox and PS4 players.
Message 5 of 15 (425 Views)

Champion
@OldTreeCreeper Did the map have heals on it?
Message 6 of 15 (418 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@hayhor You go with that instead of were there big see through blue dome things everywhere Wink
Message 7 of 15 (413 Views)

Champion
@CAGOA34 lol
Message 8 of 15 (409 Views)

@hayhor I'm not sure what kind of shoes were being worn by Caustic, it may well have been heels! Large smile

To follow on the story from yesterday youngtree and I finally got to play together, he's on pc, and we won our first 2 games (came 3rd in the 3rd). He was delighted. He was in his room, me in the sitting room (still no mic or headset) roaring up and down the corridor to communicate lol.

I started to play happily late in the evening and to top it all off the network went down and I was kicked from a duo match with a new ps4 friend. If its not one thing, it's another. 

Please note:
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 9 of 15 (359 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@OldTreeCreeper"Are the ps4 players more bloodthirsty" .........yes yes yes
we bathe in blooth Standard smile

Message 10 of 15 (343 Views)