Re: Winning has no meanining :l

by Allen_Booth

Original Post

★★ Guide

I'm level 100+ (Around 120 or so) and I have plenty of wins. Wins still have some meaning to me (As little as they had to begin with) in that if I'm on a team with low level players then I feel happy that I played a part in helping them get what could possibly have been thier very first win. Maybe I helped people get some progress toward a trophy/achievement with the win I had a hand in or maybe I helped get them some progress toward a badge they are working on or maybe somebody was having an awful day and just needed a win and I got to help with that..

There's meaning in everything if you change your perception of things. Winning doesn't have to be a personal goal, it can be a helping hand for others too. Just somethin' to think about.

Message 11 of 35 (586 Views)

★★ Guide

I remember when i was a kid,just the act of winning ment something,you know,the fact you or the 3 of you out smarted 57 other people is the prize,though to day people seem to want extra winning on top of their winning and then some more.crazy...

Message 12 of 35 (558 Views)

★ Apprentice
The ultimate reply of a bot
Message 13 of 35 (555 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@IDFeiWong wrote:

After over 300+wins I'm just getting bored with my team winning has literally 0 meaning anyone else feels that way?

Hopefully they add a ranked skill rated match maker soon,  then you will have more of a challenge.

But even as an "e-sport"  the pro players have demanded a point system because they feel just going for the win is too boring for their streamers.   They also claim its not about skill,  as if strategy doesn't matter for anything and only twitch aim does... THey say anyone can just hide till the end.  But yet most of the pros complaining were the ones getting owned in the first coup le minutes of a match hahah.    IMO,  they just want more of an incentive to stream so their stream isn't boring.

I'd prefer watching a tourney host stream multiple players then watch a single stream anyways.  I say screw their stream.  This is e-sports not a reality tv show.  Twitch is only corrupting the sport.

I for one think anyone who wants to play this as an e-sport should move on to a diff game rather then undermine what the developers and game designers intended.  To those pro players I say Kick Rocks I'm not gonna be watching BR games as kill point matches.  Especially when they drop in pubs and play against noobs.   SO lame.     

IF all the pro players left this game it woudln't hurt the playerbase.  In fact it would be a good thing since they don't attract anyone to the game,  and there would be less hackusations lmao.

I'm waiting to see what happens on private servers when they are forced to play against other pros.  The points per kill won't be enough for them they will go back to crying about RNG.

Maybe the majority of this community would watch such lame tournaments,  but pc games have been dead for a decade. So the majority of society definitely would not watch a game WHERE WINS DON"T MATTER.     The only pc game popular, by my standards, is League of Legends.  And for good reason.  Because RIOT enforces fair play and competitive matches regardless of what people think.

Message 14 of 35 (533 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@RichAC wrote:

@IDFeiWong wrote:

After over 300+wins I'm just getting bored with my team winning has literally 0 meaning anyone else feels that way?

Hopefully they add a ranked skill rated match maker soon,  then you will have more of a challenge.

But even as an "e-sport"  the pro players have demanded a point system because they feel just going for the win is too boring for their streamers.   They also claim its not about skill,  as if strategy doesn't matter for anything and only twitch aim does... THey say anyone can just hide till the end.  But yet most of the pros complaining were the ones getting owned in the first coup le minutes of a match hahah.    IMO,  they just want more of an incentive to stream so their stream isn't boring.

I'd prefer watching a tourney host stream multiple players then watch a single stream anyways.  I say screw their stream.  This is e-sports not a reality tv show.  Twitch is only corrupting the sport.

I for one think anyone who wants to play this as an e-sport should move on to a diff game rather then undermine what the developers and game designers intended.  To those pro players I say Kick Rocks I'm not gonna be watching BR games as kill point matches.  Especially when they drop in pubs and play against noobs.   SO lame.     

I still wouldn't call this an esport worthy title. There are very clear skill-based elements but there are still far too many aspects that are random or unreadable compared with successful esports.

For example with CSGO the only thing that is truly random is the bullet spread. And that is mainly amplified as a punishment for moving and shooting out of close range. But you know the enemies spawn point, roughly how many seconds it takes to travel from point A to point B. You can keep track of your opponents economy by continuously observing them throughout the match. And if you hit somebody you will always know what their maximum remaining health will be for the remainder of the round.

Overwatch isn't that much different. Remove movement inaccuracy. Replace the economy with ultimate progression. Instead you gauge the combination of heroes you're facing. And of course map knowledge still pays off.

In Apex Legends there are far too many question marks with the loot and your map knowledge can easily betray you when 19 other teams are going MIA for most of 20 minutes and have so much space to move. You'll have no idea what the enemy is packing in terms of guns, abilities or consumables until you actually see them. The most you can hope for until then is some distant telltale gunfire.

And that's before accounting for each individuals incentive to play in an esport setting. Even if Apex allowed us to create organised matches where tournament competitors could participate with each other directly, I feel like they would continue to choose to play the way they have been as you've said. Coming 20th place in the most top skilled match-up would make for terrible viewership, but also so would hiding for the sole reason of winning a cash prize. This is another contrast with those previously mentioned games. In CSGO and Overwatch you can't just get a good start and sit on it for a while, you won't win unless you keep doing well. This is just one more reason the tournaments play the way they play.

Not to mention it would be a recipe for grudges. Probably the worst thing is that too many of the "pros" on the scene have a twitch channel to worry about. So far the prizes is a pittance compared to what some people are making. (Just to be clear I am not using the prizes on offer against the games viability as an esport, but more how it might influence the players).

My conclusion? Just enjoy ourselves. It's a game. It's not completely fair and that's fine. S*** happens.

Message 15 of 35 (502 Views)

★ Pro

If winning is too easy, challenge yourself. Win with mozambique only. Win with no armor. Win with 0 kills squad. Win with a punch. You don't need the game to put challenges for you, you can get creative yourself.

Message 16 of 35 (474 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I actually agree. I think when you win there should be some form of reward aside from XP bonus. Perhaps a certain win ladder that you work towards with actual wins. Say 10 wins, 50 wins, and 100 wins have different skins and things like this.
Message 17 of 35 (463 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@blochemikas

Not gonna lie that's actually the lamest response I've ever heard.

I mean if you're gonna use your imagination might as well go run around in the wood and pretend you're really in it eh?
Message 18 of 35 (461 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Allen_Booth wrote:
I actually agree. I think when you win there should be some form of reward aside from XP bonus. Perhaps a certain win ladder that you work towards with actual wins. Say 10 wins, 50 wins, and 100 wins have different skins and things like this.

Thats a great idea. People should be able to show off with their performances.

50 win with specific legend = bronze skin for that legend

100 win silver skin

250 win golden skin etc... Standard smile

300 kill with a specific weapon = silver skin

500 kill gold skin etc...

These skins may look ugly than those sold with money. No matter how ugly they are, the important thing is the success they represent. In this way, those who want a beautiful aesthetic skin can continue to spend money.

Message 19 of 35 (453 Views)

★★ Apprentice

achooooo!!!! sry im allergic to ur nickname

when i play games with easy mode handicapped and always win 

me also get bored so easily 

u all know what i mean Angel

Message 20 of 35 (432 Views)