Re: Wingman damage

by SwompDonkey

Original Post

Wingman damage

★ Guide

Nerf the damage on the wingman it does way to much for how fast it can fire. 

Message 1 of 12 (952 Views)

★ Apprentice

It's only got 4 shots in the stock mag, and it takes 5 shots to down a full armoured opponent unless you're hitting headshots.

The ammo cap nerf was enough for it.

Message 2 of 12 (925 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Who has a 4 round wingman late game?
They nerfed the spitfires damage but not the wingman? Revolver or not it shouldn't do 45 damage.

Message 3 of 12 (911 Views)

★ Apprentice
The spitfure was broken because it has a stupid high ammo cap and shoots almost as straight as an r301.

It was one of the best if not the best full auto weapon.

The wingman is a skill weapon you need to be able to aim have 10 or less shots to get a kill means you're 50% accurate to kill someone.

If you don't think someone who can shoot you with 50% of their shots with a single shot weapon while you're ducking dodging hiding and shooting back with you r99 or eva deserves to kill you then no amount of nerfing is going to make you feel better.

You want to complain about a gun complain about the peacekeeper.

It's so inconsistent you never know what damage the shots going to be. Could be 10 could be 140.
Message 4 of 12 (892 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

If your still complaining about the wingman maybe you should start considering using different kinds of tactics. Or this might not be the game for you. The wingman has now been nerfed twice, there isn't any need for another one.

No amount of nerfs to the Wingman will appease you, it's time to get over it.

Message 5 of 12 (871 Views)

★ Guide

The spitfire also has a slower rate of fire compared to all other full auto guns in the game and an be easily out dps.

Message 6 of 12 (864 Views)

★ Guide

I agree. The damage on the Wing man is a lot but the skill involved helps even that out a bit. Even though on PC its pretty damn easy to hit consistent shots. The mag size and ammo wasn't the issue for the wing man (IMO). Yes, you start with (4) shots but heavy extended mags are so common that it makes it a non issue. I believe they needed to work on the fire rate. It pumps out shots so quickly for the amount of damage it does. Not to mention its range for a pistol is insane and the hip fire most of the time isn't that bad. 

They need to revert back to the original ammo size and slow the fire rate and the weapon would be fine. Again this is just my opinion. 

Message 7 of 12 (817 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Madd_Brando wrote:

I agree. The damage on the Wing man is a lot but the skill involved helps even that out a bit. Even though on PC its pretty damn easy to hit consistent shots. The mag size and ammo wasn't the issue for the wing man (IMO). Yes, you start with (4) shots but heavy extended mags are so common that it makes it a non issue. I believe they needed to work on the fire rate. It pumps out shots so quickly for the amount of damage it does. Not to mention its range for a pistol is insane and the hip fire most of the time isn't that bad. 

They need to revert back to the original ammo size and slow the fire rate and the weapon

would be fine. Again this is just my opinion.

Why.  The problem is you guys are treating it like a side arm. There are no penalties or bonuses for using one gun over the other. If the model for the gun was a dmr or lever action rifle no one would complain. 

The issue with the people complaining about it want it to an treated like pistols in every other game they've played. But those games give the player a movement bonus for running with a pistol out. You don't get a  movement buff in apex unless you're rocking fists. 

You're getting hung up on the appearance and not the gun. The long bow has a bigger clip does more damage and shoots just as fast. But no one bats an eye. 

You also only get 3 attachments two of which are a sight and a mag where the long bow gets 5 to drastically improve its accuracy. 

Stop worrying what the gun LOOKS like and start playing around how the gun works. Treat it like a dmr.

Message 8 of 12 (797 Views)

★ Apprentice

@MyCanklesHurt wrote:

The spitfire also has a slower rate of fire compared to all other full auto guns in the game and an be easily out dps.

The spitfire fit a a niche in the game. 

Its a strong mid range weapon with a  slow rof that makes the recoil manageable. 

You're not meant to be going toe to toe in a close range fight with anyone. It's designed to out damage guns over it's mag vs the spa factor. If you're strafing and putting rounds down range you'll out damage anyone because they have to reload. It's also forgiving because you can shoot at moving targets that aren't shooting back and not worry about losing to many shots before reloading. It's not going to have the same dps as a weapon with an 18 stock mag and 30 on a purple. That's just dumb. 

From.your arguments you want all the guns to do the same dps and want pistols to be weak because you don't like dying to them. You don't actually considder that guns are good for different things. Another gun to complain about is the flatline it's overlooked by Everyone even though it has the highest damaged per hit of the ars the stock sights are terrible and the weapon recoil isn't inline with the other guns. I don't see you complaining about the guns that need work though. Just the ones that you don't agree with. 

Message 9 of 12 (788 Views)

★ Guide

Swompdonkey - I understand where you are coming from about the DMR and wingman comparison. I'm not hung up on what the gun looks like but how it plays. You can make your argument now because of the recent patch due to them increasing the fire rate on the Longbow. Still the wingman is preferred because its easier to hip fire, great long distance and still a quicker fire rate. 

Message 10 of 12 (749 Views)