Wingman OP?

★★★★★ Newbie

Wingman with skull piercer is broke af!

Message 1 of 28 (1,575 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Wingman OP?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Ghost99ZuluSkullpiercer increases headshot damage. So let's compare pre s5 Wingman and the new Wingman(or the old Wingman).

Note:- All calculations done when the player isn't wearing any helmet and doesn't take into account fortified/low profile debuffs and doesn't include fraction damage values.

S4-
Headshot multiplier- 2.1
Headshot dmg=45x2.1=94(45 is base body damage here)

S5-
Headshot multiplier-2
Headshot dmg=45x2=90

With skull piercer:
Headshot multiplier-2.25
headshot dmg=45x2.25=101

The difference between s4 wingman and s5 wingman(with skull piercer) is = 101-94=7 dmg

It just has a slight headshot dmg increase(7 dmg to be exact). Nothing else was changed. It might feel like it's OP cuz a lot of people have started using it after the patch(my personal observation).

View in thread

Message 3 of 28 (1,537 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide

Yea all those no regs are super broken

Message 2 of 28 (1,560 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Ghost99ZuluSkullpiercer increases headshot damage. So let's compare pre s5 Wingman and the new Wingman(or the old Wingman).

Note:- All calculations done when the player isn't wearing any helmet and doesn't take into account fortified/low profile debuffs and doesn't include fraction damage values.

S4-
Headshot multiplier- 2.1
Headshot dmg=45x2.1=94(45 is base body damage here)

S5-
Headshot multiplier-2
Headshot dmg=45x2=90

With skull piercer:
Headshot multiplier-2.25
headshot dmg=45x2.25=101

The difference between s4 wingman and s5 wingman(with skull piercer) is = 101-94=7 dmg

It just has a slight headshot dmg increase(7 dmg to be exact). Nothing else was changed. It might feel like it's OP cuz a lot of people have started using it after the patch(my personal observation).

Message 3 of 28 (1,538 Views)

★★★ Expert

Wingman is OP when someone has aim.

Honestly, the gun has always been fine since the removal of original skull piercer.  You should use it, really, is the point, if you nab yourself a gold skullpiercer.

On the other hand, Longbow with skullpiercer is generally so beautiful you're going to have to find yourself 2.

Can't wait for WE to come back, when aiming will really separate skilled players.  But if you get yourself killed a lot by Wingman, don't be too upset.  The other guy's good enough to kill ya, that's really all there is to it.

Message 4 of 28 (1,527 Views)

Champion

You can tell which players aren't veterans. Standard smile

@Ghost99Zulu  You would have loved the original wingman. Tongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 28 (1,469 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Lol trolling on here is funny. I would wipe you up and down the board, no offense. I've been playing since the first week it was out...

Message 6 of 28 (1,420 Views)

★ Guide
@KelRiever every weapon in the game is good when someone has aim, Wingman is in a good spot now imo
Message 7 of 28 (1,405 Views)

★★ Guide

You realize you’re basing that off training dummys that don’t have helmets right? And wingman is not op. That’s like saying mccree In overwatch is op even without his stun grenade. Hey guys, there’s a thing called strafing and crouch spamming you can do instead of walking in a predictable straight line and not improving and then coming to the forums and saying things like “wingman is op if you can aim” By that logic any gun is op if you can aim

Message 8 of 28 (1,377 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

@Ghost99Zulu  None taken,takes more than some petty flexing to phase me bud!

Seeing as you've been playing since week one though surely you remember the original wingman....which was considerably stronger  overall than this current version. :,)

Bottom line, the wingman isn't OP.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 9 of 28 (1,360 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@boy_Hoodle 

Actually the Wingman was much much more powerful before its first few nerf's 

Wingman nerf  

Wingman  nerf #2  

Wingman nerf #3 Mag Size 

I guess you weren't around for the Original WingMan.

Tsk tsk.lol

Message 10 of 28 (1,335 Views)