Re: Will you guys be removing tap strafing befor crossplay comes out for apex?

by StarMystro

Original Post

Will you guys be removing tap strafing befor crossplay comes out for apex?

★★★ Newbie

This is for apex legends.  I am seeing this new movement trick that only works on PC. I play on console so this is impossible to do so it would be unfair to still have this trick out when there is crossplay. If people play with controllers and get killed because people do this trick that they can't even replucate me and a lot of the console players would quit the game since it give a unfair advantage to PC not counting the othe advantages they already have. (like bunny hopping which is really hard to do with a controller)  I like the movement techniques in apex but the only one that controller player can do is wall jumping which still a lot of console players can't do 

Message 1 of 17 (5,112 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@grandest_poba More reason as to why I'm not in favor of crossplay. At least... not yet.
Message 2 of 17 (5,108 Views)

★★ Guide
@grandest_poba tap strafing isn't gonna get you killed.
It's a neat move for sweatlords but it isn't gonna give anybody an advantage anymore than wallbouncing does.
Good for style points and that's about it.
I can't count the amount of chuds I've shot down thinking they were gonna blow my mind with a wall bounce and then I'm just like "I've played titanfall since it's earliest beta. You are like a little baby to me."
Mind you, I'm not even what I would call a good player. I'm average at best.
Message 3 of 17 (5,091 Views)

Champion
@grandest_poba I wouldn't say that wall bouncing is particularly easy to do especially whilst being shot at. Bunny hopping isn't too hard if you play claw (I don't but yeah).

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 17 (5,078 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@GH0STEDbyME wall jumping is easy wall you are being shot at if you are play as one of the fortified characters since they dont lose speed, to bad I dont play them. I dont play claw either but the only way I found to bunny hop was to put crouch on toggle and have it on R3 but it required a lot of button spamming which brakes your controller easily
Message 5 of 17 (5,064 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@grandest_poba Solution: Don't play in PC lobbies.
I am fairly certain either it's gonna be only when you party up with PC friends or there is gonna be an option to switch crossplay on/off. I am betting on the former.

PC players can move while looting a death box. Should devs remove that too? NO!

Message 6 of 17 (5,041 Views)

★★★ Pro
Message 7 of 17 (5,030 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@grandest_poba what is tap strafing ?
i honestly don't know the term , could you please explain it
Message 8 of 17 (5,026 Views)

★★ Pro
@grandest_poba Imagine complaining about something like that while having a free aimbot xD

@maximas1986 it’s a Little movement Trick but it has barely any use and also only gets used very rarely even by the top players.
https://youtu.be/GreM5w6Jks4
Message 9 of 17 (5,018 Views)

★★★ Pro
@grandest_poba
Always asking to reduce skill ceiling.
Message 10 of 17 (5,014 Views)