Re: Will voice commands be available on F122 on PS5?

by 007jamesp

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

Can conform they do NOT work on PS5. 😮‍💨

Message 21 of 49 (7,689 Views)

Champion

@007jamesp wrote:

Thanks for confirming. Wish I'd been proved wrong Frown.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 22 of 49 (1,325 Views)

How to enable voice commands in F1 22 on PS5?

★★★ Newbie

I cant find out how to use my headset with voice commands, im using Sony 3D Pulse headset.

How do i use voice commands with my headset?

Message 23 of 49 (1,325 Views)

Re: How to enable voice commands in F1 22 on PS5?

Champion (Retired)

Erm you cant.  For some reason the developers havnt bothered. Adding it to PS5 versions of the game.

Which wouldn’t be so bad. But when the race engineer tells you how to use voice commands if you need to talk to him in race.  It is annoying. You have to manually cycle through the mfd  which often results in  crashing 

Message 24 of 49 (1,313 Views)

Champion

It might still be impossible for Codemasters to do this. It was in the last game and it's not totally clear that Sony have yet made the necessary changes for games developers to enable voice control. Yes Sony have added some limited voice control of the console itself but in-game support may be a different matter.

It would be good to have an update on this from Codemasters/EA though. Ideally it is now possible and is being worked on to be added to the game...

Is anyone able to confirm if the PS4 version of the game run on PS5 supports voice commands? My guess is it will...

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 25 of 49 (1,301 Views)

★ Pro

@Ultrasonic_77 wrote:

Is anyone able to confirm if the PS4 version of the game run on PS5 supports voice commands? My guess is it will...

Your guess is correct. PS4 version of F1 22 on PS5 does support voice commands

Message 26 of 49 (1,225 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Ultrasonic_77 wrote:

@007jamesp wrote:

Thanks for confirming. Wish I'd been proved wrong Frown.

I wish I was proven wrong aswell.... Cycling through those engineer replies is a huge pain.

Also, the fact that they work on the PS4 version (even on PS5) proves it CAN work, but Codemasters/EA are to lazy to make it work.

Message 27 of 49 (1,042 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@007jamesp When you run a PS4 game in the PS5 it is launched in a compatibility mode that fully emulates a PS4 system - including the voice command interface.

Until Sony makes that interface available for third party developers no native PS5 game can make use of voice commands.
Message 28 of 49 (1,026 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@mariohomoh wrote:
@007jamespWhen you run a PS4 game in the PS5 it is launched in a compatibility mode that fully emulates a PS4 system - including the voice command interface.

Until Sony makes that interface available for third party developers no native PS5 game can make use of voice commands.

I feel like we mansplained this last year....Party hat

Easy to bash CM/EA (and why not, it's open season because the game is a * again on any platform) but Sony have poo stick on this as well....

Message 29 of 49 (1,004 Views)

★★ Guide

As we have been written by other parties for more than a year we cannot use headphones on ps5 is there is no information for us. just like the notice in case of damage. You just think about doing traction for those who can't drive without help

Message 30 of 49 (995 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help